Cluster gauge replacement lens

Roster605

Registered
The glass lens over my full gauge shattered when my bike went down last weekend, I have searched amazon and EBay with no luck for a replacement. Trying to avoid spending 200$ on a new speedometer when my mines works fine any suggestions?

The glass lens over my full gauge shattered when my bike went down last weekend, I have searched amazon and EBay with no luck for a replacement. Trying to avoid spending 200$ on a new speedometer when my mines works fine any suggestions?
Gen 1 or Gen 2?

Yeah, you buy a used cluster in decent condition, the cover/lenses can be swapped over to your old cluster. I think it's just a few screws on the back that need to be removed and the two halves come apart. Careful when you tighten the screws, it's plastic. You probanly don't want to use as much force to tighten them as it took to break them loose.

If you get a used one in good condition on Ebay, I think it will cost you $200 though. A whole brand new one would be a lot more than that.

Yeah, just checked Ebay and they're about $200. There's no good way to fab up your own lens that will be worth $200 of your time. Bite the bullet and buy a used one. 3M Scratch a swirl remover with a microfiber cloth works well to buff out minor scuffs.

@Roster605

first of all - whenever you have again a tech question please mention allways the gen AND the y.o.c. of your busa in the very 1st sentence - thanks :)
they differ in some parts a lill bit and that can leed to problems again.
1st example - the speedo ´99/´00 vs ´01-´07 ;)

the to the speedo cluster

here a microfiche to the gen1 speedo with all art.-numbers from my homepage (translated by google)
remember the 99 & 00 has 220 mi on the speedo itself (#1) the later ones only i guess 180 or 200 or so.
but it doesn´t matter if you install a ´99 or ´00 speedo into a ´01-´07 gen1 - it will work absolute perfect.
the small arithmetic unit in the speedo recognizes this.
the other way around, so that the ´01-´07 comes into a ´99 / ´00, I don't think it makes sense, but we have never tested it.

#2 should be your wish ;)
SPEEDOMETER.jpg

see ya :)

Last edited:
Back