Close call 2nite

It really looks like you've got the billet brake bracket.  From this pic it appears the casting for the caliper mount broke at the threads that hold the bracket in place.  I wonder if the casting damaged due to over tightening the bolt that held the bracket on....that's what it looks like.  I'd take it to the shop that put the extension on and suggest they over torqued that bolt and damaged the aluminum casting.  Perhaps they will get you a better deal on a replacement piece.

post-6-47241-0623081420a.jpg

Using a bracket instead of a brake bar isn't cutting corners, it's an alternative design.

yeah the brake bar eliminator didn't do its job so the caliper spun around and broke the caliper bracket, the last pic shows the brake bar that we made at home.
beerchug.gif

I'm not so sure it didn't do its job. If what it was mounted to failed, there was no way for it to do it's job. The problem isn't hte brake bar eliminator, it looks like bad install to me.

I believe thats the only way it goes on? correct me If im wrong.
It sounds like the rotor was bent a bit.. I can hear how it has some spots where it grinds

Back