Close call 2nite

SxLxAxVxExN

Registered
I was riding all day 2day and on my way home I tapped the rear brake coming to a red light and all of a sudden the brake caliper spun around and locked the rear wheel going like 60ish. Some guy in a SUV almost rear ended me. So I'll be getting that stock caliper bar thingie extended so it works with the extensions.
its weird cause i rode around without that bar for like 2k miles and no issues.
Anyone have this happen before?

its 6 over

busa.jpg

Funny thing is that two sheriffs pulled up and were nice enough to let me borrow the flashlight. Then one said " this wouldn't have happened if you bought an american bike". My buddy started laughing and said I wanna see a harley hit 200mph.
My buddy has a 07 cbr1000 stretched with nitrous.

You can get the brake bar eleminator, it it keep the brake from spinning, with out having to purchase the extended brake bar.

make your own brake bar from aluminium stock, you can get it local usually for around 10 bucks or so, about a 11 inch piece should work.

Actually it looks like its closer to 20 inches. I'll have the shop that did my turbo make me one.
Oh and this is what i found today when i went in the garage to take a look at it again...
the thing broke right off as u can tell. Wonder if dealership will replace it under warranty??

0623081420a.jpg

I can't tell from your pics, did your extension come with the bracket that replaces the brake bar? It looks like it's there in the last pic you posted. If the hanger broke, it wasn't the brake bar bracket that did it. Is your wheel aligned, is everything else right?

That could have been a lot worse. When you cut corners bad things can happen. Glad you kept it rubber side down.

Back