Clear turns are in

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
Before I completely tear my bike apart to find I only needed to remove 2 screws, (that's my usual track record). What needs to be removed to pull the inner-fairing panels. Just by looking I couldn't deside if the side need to be removed or not.

I got the Clear lens and would like to put them on this weekend, but didn't want to tear into the bike more than necessary. I already dropped and lost bith push-pins today while installing the fairing. aaarrrrgggggg
mad.gif

If you have a right angle screwdriver and a stubby, all you need to do is pull your inner panels and the black plastic under your headlight. Use the right angle for the bottom screw and the stubby for the tops. 25min. install time. Good luck.

I think all you have to remove is the inners, but I removed the side plastics just to be careful. Doesn't take long, but be careful!

K, but the question at hand is, how do I remove the inner-faing panels. I pulled the pushpins and unbolted the one chrome bolt that connects the upper and lower panel, but they didn/t seem to want to move. Of course, not knowing for sure, I wasn't real forcefull or anything either. I just put the pins back in and decided to wait till the experts could help me. Thanks

The inners are actually attached to the side fairings with two screws/allen bolts that have to be removed as well. However, I think you can do it by just removing the plastic above the inners that attaches to the upper front fairing. I know you may not want to remove the plastics, but it is good to learn how to do it. Not hard just takes a little time.

K, but the question at hand is, how do I remove the inner-faing panels.  I pulled the pushpins and unbolted the one chrome bolt that connects the upper and lower panel, but they didn/t seem to want to move.  Of course, not knowing for sure, I wasn't real forcefull or anything either.  I just put the pins back in and decided to wait till the experts could help me.  Thanks
O.K. mzrsq, here's the skinny.

First of all, you should remove the push-pins.  Remove the two screws that the connect the upper and lower inner fairings.  There is also one screw directly in the center, just above the ignition switch that joins the two upper panels together.  I'm sure that's the reason why you had problems.  For me, I removed the entire nose section to do mine.  To do this, you will have to remove your mirrors and the six fairing bolts (3 on each side) that connect the nose to the side fairings.  You do not need to remove the windscreen to do this.  Once you pull the nose away from the bike a little, you have to disconnect the lighting wiring harness.  This will be the white connector that will be on the right-hand side when you're facing the bike from the front.  This will allow for easy access to the signals.  Then all you need to do is unscrew the the connector (bulb is inside connector) from the signal housing.  Using a phillips head screwdriver, you just remove the two screws that holds the signal housing in place.  Replace with your clear signals, then work in reverse order.  It really is a simple setup.  Once done, just place everything back and remember to reconnect the wiring harness before you snap the nose back into place.  It could be a tad bit cramped doing it through the inner panels, but IMHO, it's more manageable taking the nose off.  Just my .02, but it can sometime be worth a million bucks.

Brian

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086622019 -->

Back