Cleaning stainless steel

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Ok,
I bought Sageronin's HMF exhaust. It is ~3 years old. Prior to installation on Guinevere, I would like to give it a thorough cleaning, inside and out. Does anyone have any recommendations for cleaning stainless steel?

Don

You suck! Chrome the mids....

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156027975 -->

Sisters_3.JPG

I use Mothers metal polish on my Yoshi RS can,s doesn't require too much elbow grease, just a little patience and plenty of circular motions :-)

Wal Mart or pretty much any hardware store seems to stock it.

Get the new small version of the Mothers Power ball and some Mothers metal polish...works pretty good. If they are bad off you can get some wenol metal polish (which is the POOP for polishing things out...i have used it on bare metals before and bling bling YO) and if there is any rust or they are real bad start with some Naval Jelly, it will strip all that crap off but careful...it some powerful smelllin stuff.

Get the new small version of the Mothers Power ball and some Mothers metal polish...works pretty good. If they are bad off you can get some wenol metal polish (which is the POOP for polishing things out...i have used it on bare metals before and bling bling YO) and if there is any rust or they are real bad start with some Naval Jelly, it will strip all that crap off but careful...it some powerful smelllin stuff.
No rust, it is stainless steel.

Don

Don
go the jet hot "gloss black". Do the entire header and mid pipes and they will last forever. The pipes are in pretty good shape for the miles...and years..

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156045273 -->

BOM is great stuff. I'll look for a link. Buy it anywhere.

I had some I would have given you but it sat on the shelf to long. From my Goldwing days.

hogger...

http://www.bikecleaner.com/

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156046025 -->

046b4230.jpg

Don
go the jet hot "gloss black". Do the entire header and mid pipes and they will last forever. The pipes are in pretty good shape for the miles...and years..
I was thinking about the flat black look. I got a quote for about $140 for the header and mids.

Don

Go to a Restaurant Supply Store and get Shelia Shine. It's stainless steel shiner used for any stainless in a Restaurant
wink.gif

pbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpb....who cares anyway? put'em on durty, it dont matter!!!! you'll be goin so fast it dont matter no way-aint no body guna see them pipes but for like 3 sec. anyway!!!
tounge.gif
unless youre showin the bike, it dont even matter. I aint polished my pipes since I bought bike last year in June...and they aint brown yet!
biggrin.gif

Back