Cleaning Oil Off Of The Rims?

Trojan your Powder Coat is gonna be harder than a spray on clear coat so no I dont think they will have same effect.
I do know they are very , very acidic and if you get any on your hands or fingers that isnt diluted bigtime your skin will ripple and come off.
Strong stuff.
For sure it will 'milk' your clearcoat on auto wheels especially if they are anything other than COLD.
Detailed cars here for many yrs. BMW wheels are notorious for having sofr clear coat.
Any German car for that matter has soft clear coat on the wheels.
Stuff will mess it up.

WD40 is good, but I did notice that it seems to get alot of dust/dirt to stick on where you've use it ??? so I usualy clean with a WD40 then wipe with a slightly damp cloth

I have never used WD-40 for cleaning anything, I have always used it for lubrication, if ya know what I mean, not that kind of lubrication:laugh: but what people have said on the .org about it and stuff, I think it it is worth giving it a try.:beerchug:

What do you lubricate as wd40 usually removes oils an such:whistle:

Trojan your Powder Coat is gonna be harder than a spray on clear coat so no I dont think they will have same effect.
I do know they are very , very acidic and if you get any on your hands or fingers that isnt diluted bigtime your skin will ripple and come off.
Strong stuff.
For sure it will 'milk' your clearcoat on auto wheels especially if they are anything other than COLD.
Detailed cars here for many yrs. BMW wheels are notorious for having sofr clear coat.
Any German car for that matter has soft clear coat on the wheels.
Stuff will mess it up.

Thanks. Learned something today. I'll use something else from now on. I use Turtle wax foaming spray to clean my auto wheels. That stuff works pretty well.

I use WD40, but I always wash the rim after that. Someone told me once that WD can affect your paint if you leave it on there.

Trojan that Turtle wax foaming wheel cleaner is good stuff.
It doesnt take too much off but it does stick so you can spray and spin same time to get a really good coat on .
I found that myself.

I used some purple colored grill cleaner on my CBR919.
It 'had' really nice gold calipers, rotors and wheels.
All afterward even with a 50/50 dilute came out foggy and chalky.
It sucked.
Doesnt matter what it labeled for purple degreaser is usually the same thing.

If you ever wondered why your car or bike gets so dusty after you wax it it is because of the positive electricity you just charged the surface with by rubbing it.
Sounds like a lot of work but if after you wax your car or bike you give it the lightest spray of ice cold water from a shower setting it will remove the pos charge and no dust will stick or gather on it.
Falling water creates negative ions which release positive ions when met so the two cancel each other out. The longer the water is in the air and smaller the stream hence shower setting the better the release.
Helps when you have gone to Meguiars detaling schools....eh ?

Not a fan of WD-40, but if it works, good for you.

After I clean mine, I wipe a good dose of Pledge on them and it makes them Pop, and it is easier to get the grime off when you need to clean them again.

Thanx for all the input. My stands should hopefully show up in the next few days. as soon as they do i've got some work to do. Thanx again!:thumbsup:

Back