Any tips on cleaning the stock rims?

Spike

Donating Member
Registered
Hey all,

I took the Busa down for a day to perform her once a year "detail." I spent about 4-5 hours meticulously cleaning everything on the bike but in the end only the rims would not come clean.

I wiped them down with kerosene which took off most everything. The only thing left is a "squirt" stain on each rim that I can only imagine came from my little furry, feline friends scampering around the house. What do they squirt out, battery acid?

Anyhow I have some darkish stains on my rims now and am wondering if anyone has any cleaning suggestions to get these out. It is not something that is "on" the rim but more stained into the metal of the rim.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

if polishing compound doesn`t take it out i don`t know?? thats what i use for that tough to get off stuff on my wheels..

Thanks for the tips folks!

The wife ended up assisting on this. She had some Cameo aluminum polish and cleaner that she uses to clean the various appliances and sinks in the house.

It worked amazingly well. Again, thanks for the tips. The tip about aluminum polish is what prompted me to ask her about it.

I bought some "toilet bowl cleaner" from SHNITZ RACING,they advertise it to clean the exhaust pipe to get that yellow color from the heat out,,,worked great,I used it on my sons car wheels that are 14yrs old,they now look brand new..Im sold on it for cleaning unchromed metels

Back