cleaning my rims

I'd keep well away from any petroleum product like wd40 or kero....they also attack the sealant around the tyres as well as attacking the tyre itself and if you hit any of the brake disc surfaces it will effect your brakes & pads.
Spray Furniture polish or 'Son of a Gun' works perfectly and won't contaminate any of the brakes...use an old toothbrush on the centre spine and around the spoke holes.
The polish as said slows the build up of new muck

wd40 just cleaned up my rims super nice. They were actually not black anymore, they were gray. They are a glossy black again now...

I use kerosene in a spray bottle to get the chain goo off then use honda spray cleaner polish on the paint and mothers on the polished areas.

I've used pledge on my plastics before but never to clean grease off my rims . I will have to try it

I'd keep well away from any petroleum product like wd40 or kero....they also attack the sealant around the tyres as well as attacking the tyre itself and if you hit any of the brake disc surfaces it will effect your brakes & pads.
Spray Furniture polish or 'Son of a Gun' works perfectly and won't contaminate any of the brakes...use an old toothbrush on the centre spine and around the spoke holes.
The polish as said slows the build up of new muck

I agree you just have to be careful not to use to much so it wont go to certain parts :thumbsup:

Back