Cleaning Matte/Satin paint jobs?

haya2005busa

Registered
this has probably been asked before, but say i were to get a matte/satin paint job, how would you go about cleaning the bike? can you still use standard wax/polish? are bugs easy to get off? i know you get the matte/satin look with they type of clear coat you use, but I'm just not sure on maintaining it.
i have looked for a little and read prolly 15-20 different posts but cannot find anything on cleaning. any help would be appreciated!

A friend has a Vrod with matte black, he just uses warm water and a micro fiber to clean, gotta real keep after it tho. Helmet manufacturers say mild soap and warm water and not to scrub as that can start to shine it.
I'd check with a local auto paint supplier or even a HD dealer and see what they suggest.

Droid via Tapatalk

If you were going to go with any matte or satin color there is a special clear coat that they put on that is not shinny so that you can wash your bike and scrub if you have to with out having to worry about the paint coming off, they use this alot on custom cars. Also the helmet manufactures (that I'm familiar with) are actually a "rubatone" a.k.a. rubber coating which can be worn down.

Satin black looks real nice. I would'nt let the cleaning change your mine. I had mine done in flat black (rattle can) before I painted it what is now. I got complimented all the time.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have the rubbatone matt helmets and asked the store what to use , they said they use lighter fluid . but I haven't tried it yet

Back