06 paint jobs

EastCoast

Donating Member
Registered
I noticed something about the new Busa's I don't like. Maybe I'm too picky but why is the alternate color (black in this case) on the tank not painted all the way to the edge. It's the same on the blue/silver too.

I think it would be a lot cleaner looking if the paint went to the edge of the tank.

I may have to give up my quest for an 06. Anyone looking to sell an 04 in excellent condition?

paint.jpg

I stole this photo from Fulcrum's post of his new bike, sorry. It was just a really good photo to point this out.

When you step back and look at the color scheme you can see that lower black portion of the tank is painted that way to continue the center section of the fairing that's painted black, just like the black section on the tank continues the upper black section of the fairing. But yeah, it does look a tad on the cheezy side. Now if that frame was painted black that would really tie it all together nicely!

When you step back and look at the color scheme you can see that lower black portion of the tank is painted that way to continue the center section of the fairing that's painted black, just like the black section on the tank continues the upper black section of the fairing.  But yeah, it does look a tad on the cheezy side.  Now if that frame was painted black that would really tie it all together nicely!
That's my point exactly. I know it follows the fairing paint lines. So shouldn't the edge of the tank beneath the black be painted too. Why did they leave the edges red?

id be suprised if it was painted , thats why i went with the le cause the secondary graphics were stickers ,not paint !
wink.gif
unless they changed it for 06 ?

I noticed something about the new Busa's I don't like. Maybe I'm too picky but why is the alternate color (black in this case) on the tank not painted all the way to the edge. It's the same on the blue/silver too.

I think it would be a lot cleaner looking if the paint went to the edge of the tank.

I may have to give up my quest for an 06. Anyone looking to sell an 04 in excellent condition?
If you're serious I have an '04 Limited Edition for sale, excellent condition ... email or pm me for details and pics if you're interested ... also check out my website.

What would you be willing to pay for an 04' LE with 1000 miles on the clock. EBCProlite rotors, ThrottleMeister, ZG DB screen, Accumen gear indicator, shaved stock undertail, GenMars and Shock rear signals? The bike is perfect...

I sell you mine for 10,000.
img_matt1.jpg
bike has 5000mi on it.

<!--EDIT|jusmoov
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132023294 -->

What would you be willing to pay for an 04' LE with 1000 miles on the clock.  EBCProlite rotors, ThrottleMeister, ZG DB screen, Accumen gear indicator, shaved stock undertail, GenMars and Shock rear signals?  The bike is perfect...
That's a loaded question. How much would you take to part with it.

Blah...that is such a minor thing to worry about. Yes , its just a decal that has been clearcoated over.

Dont pay anymore than $9K for a used Busa if your gonna go that route.

Nothing like a fresh from the factory Busa off the showroom floor though.
cool.gif

I must be missing something here....my 05 blu/sil paint scheme looks exactly like the 06 pictured. Minor issue, go for NEW! Now if you want to worry about something, worry about all those rock chips that will show up on the bottom portion of the front fender. The 05s have a black rock-chip proof piece down there.

I'd take $10K, it's adult owned(35) and garage kept... First service done by the stealership...

I'd just go buy something else anyway, the new M109R looks cool for a season...

Let me know if you are serious... Yes, I'd actually sell mine, it's just a toy and I own it outright. One season is about my average anyway.

Back