-Class Action lawsuit for transmissions-

tiki240

Registered
well im posting this to get a feel for people who actually CAN commit to going through the motions of a class-action suit against suzuki for both denying our warranty claims, and possibly any other issues that have yet to surface.   So what I need from you all, is a yes or no,  what your particular situation was, what you spent, the year and mileage of the bike at the time and of course your contact info. please respond here but if you are uncomfortable with posting personal information, you may PM me your phone numbers and VIN's.  thanks.
also, please keep in mind this is more focused on the transmission issues (specifically 2nd gear) the bent shift fork and rounded dog ears. thanks again.

I had my transmission fixed under warranty. And I don’t feel like giving you my VIN number just so I can see my bike posted up on eBay.

you might want to make this a poll instead of asking people to post
beerchug.gif

your insinuation that I am a scammer trying to get VIN's for use on ebay while insulting, is understandible. I will add a poll.

Lets sue them so they can raise the price of the busa! Sue the dealership that doesn't want to fix your bike
all_coholic.gif

(tiki240 @ Jun. 06 2007,12:42) your insinuation that I am a scammer trying to get VIN's for use on ebay while insulting, is understandible. I will add a poll.
I am glad you found the solver lining in that post.

I have no reason to bicker with someone over their opinion. The most shady thing about this ordeal is that suzuki will fix some, not others. and Im not referring to a stock busa vs a slammed stretched and chromed busa with burnt rubber shavings all over the tail. I mean stock vs stock. my busa is bone stock and isnt pushed hard at all. I was told by the suzuki rep via phone to take my bike to get looked at by a dealership. the first dealership couldnt replicate my problem and sent me packing all the while charging me $80 dollars for the service fee. Took it to a ducati dealership and they put it on the dyno and replicated the problem with me standing right next to them telling them verbatim what I had told the suzuki dealership. so I then took the bike to ANOTHER suzuki dealership, and they call suzuki to see if they could warranty it, and they said that things like bent shift forks and rounded gears wouldnt be warrantied but if they found something "wrong" that suzuki would cover it (something out of spec from the factory). so I decided not to have them tear apart my bike, charge me 350 dollars, and tell me they wouldnt warranty it.

That Ducati shop isn't Redline in Yorktown, is it? That's who I've been to with my Busa...been wondering for a while if they're allowed to do warranty work on a Suzuki since they pretty much service any and all brands of motorcycle
rock.gif

Sounds to me like you're dealing with bad dealerships...Casey Cycle City and Sunrise Cycles in my region are to be avoided unless you just like being hassled and passed around, talked down to and ignored...

There are reputable dealers, just get some names and contacts from people you trust to take a look at the problem...

yes the shop was redline. Dave is probably THE best shop owner in the tidewater area. I would trust his mechanics till the cows come home. Jason and I had it on the dyno for less than a minute and found the problem.

and no, they cant perform warranty work on a suzuki. I already asked him. CCC is a horrid dealership and so is sunrise. My biggest problem was that I took it to a dealership in richmond that I trust (kens cycle center) and they "couldnt replicate the problem"..... said he had two different mechanics ride it.. Im thinking about taking it back and hoping it was just a fluke for them.

(tiki240 @ Jun. 06 2007,14:25) yes the shop was redline. Dave is probably THE best shop owner in the tidewater area. I would trust his mechanics till the cows come home.  Jason and I had it on the dyno for less than a minute and found the problem.

and no, they cant perform warranty work on a suzuki.  I already asked him.  CCC is a horrid dealership and so is sunrise.  My biggest problem was that I took it to a dealership in richmond that I trust (kens cycle center) and they "couldnt replicate the problem"..... said he had two different mechanics ride it.. Im thinking about taking it back and hoping it was just a fluke for them.
Damn, well, I don't have any warranty left anyway, but I'd always wondered that when my Busa was new...

They are the ONLY shop that I've allowed to work on my Busa and I've been more than pleased with their help, answering all of my questions, etc...they lowered it and put on a rear tire, the rest I've done myself with the help of my hubby and the old Busa manual...

Good to know you already know CC and Sunrise's reputations; total waste of time unless you just have a ton of cash and don't ask any questions LOL

heavybusa might have more info on other shops in the Richmond area...I really think you need better options, especially if Redline was able to replicate the problem...any chance that Dave would be willing to call a Suzuki dealership and tell 'em what he did to replicate the problem? I know it's a lot to ask, but might be worth the effort...

Not to deflate the bubble here, but the chance of you coming out successful in a class action lawsuit seem slim...I've been on various Busa board for years and have yet to know of anyone that won a case against 'em for mechanical issues...they have so many loopholes and tons of red tape, you'd likely be riding a Harley by the time you got an answer
sad.gif

Dave and I are good friends. he put in a call to CCC for me without me asking him to. The tech over there didnt even need to check my bike over mechanically as Dave vouched for me. He just took the vin off and called it in.

I dont' think the problems are wide spread enough to get your lawsuit through... YOu would need a ton of support and I rarely see stock bikes with tranny issues on any of the forums to be honest... Got to be consistent issue for many, not just a few... ;)

(tiki240 @ Jun. 06 2007,14:36) Dave and I are good friends. he put in a call to CCC for me without me asking him to.  The tech over there didnt even need to check my bike over mechanically as Dave vouched for me.  He just took the vin off and called it in.
Try another dealer...CCC refused to even look at my bike because I didn't buy it from them (got it in NC), then the asshat that came out to talk to me told me I didn't know how to ride it (I'm assuming because I'm female), to never bother bringing it back and told me if I ever did, I'd be at the bottom of the list because I didn't buy from them...  
laugh.gif
So much for that "any Suzuki dealer can do warranty work" deal
wink.gif

I'm sure Dave would call again, another reliable dealer may give you what you're looking for...

You don't ride through Gloucester, do you?  I've seen a Busa around there lately and since there are so few in the area, I figure I'd ask
smile.gif

the problem is that id say 80% of busa's dont remain stock for any length of time. and Im baffled as to why some busas do break and others dont. equally as baffled to the fact that suzuki will back up some but not all (in stock form). I dont see why if a bike has been well maintained, with all records, and the rider vouched for, that they would leave people high and dry.

i dont venture to G-town very often. I do live in yorktown though, so its just a hop skip and a jump away.

We're about 40 minutes apart...I'm always passing through Yorktown
smile.gif

Best of luck with the Busa issues...I am certain it's frustrating
mad.gif

Back