Class action lawsuit

JET-A

Wishing I was riding
Donating Member
Registered
Ok Everyone, Here is my idea......

I know I am somewhat new to posting here, but I have been "lurking" about for a while.

I wonder if we have a chance to get together a class action lawsuit against Suzuki. Just like cigarettes, these things are overly addictive, and they know it. They only make these produce this much horsepower to set the addiction even deeper than it would normally be. Maybe we could include some of the aftermarket manufactuers since they are part of this addiction which has rapidly made me go broke.

See when I bought the busa, I was happy with the way it was...bone stock. Then I find this site. TRE, Leather jacket, Upgrade this, upgrade that. Now I think I need a PCIII!!!

There has got to be something we can do to offset this addiction!

If anyone has any ideas let me know. By-the-way, selling the busa does not count. No one is getting that!

On a lighter note, while not posting much, I would like to thank every one here for all of the knowledge I have gained by "lurking" in the background.

jump9.gif

Todd

By the way, 06 Blue/gray

Well, first problem with your lawsuit is that it would be difficult for any action to be legitimzed, since it is common knowledge that any finances recieved would simply feed your addiction with more mods. Unfortunately, there is no known treatment plan for the addiction of which you speak...
There are some awesome people here who have a great wealth of knowledge to share - your are doing well to listen to them!
Glad to have you here....

hmm, if ya get anything out of it, I'll take another busa, turbo kit, a stack of tires and a tobin seat
laugh.gif

Welcome, dont just lurk, its way more fun to join in the madness
wink.gif

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
, the only laws broken in this thread is the noob must post a pic!!!!
laugh.gif

Dont worry we will wait.
lurk.gif

seeing as ownership is purely personally elective, and the governement has not provide 1.2 million dollars for completed study of the addictive qualities or proving that it is a leathal substance, I doubt the law suit ide will work.

I suggest another path of selfhelp, one that I have found personally effective and that is Therapy. it costs no more than a couple tanks of gas and some time on an open road. to back up the therapy is support groups. these can be in person - which is the most effective when dealing with problems like this - and online such as, say, some Hayabusa riders' online forum where you can talk about your problem in an open, safe and supportive environment. Good luck. and may the Force not catch you.

I went to see a Counsler about my Busa Addiction. She thought the first course of action should be to go for a ride on it. This would give her a first hand perspective. She is now seeing another Counsler about her Busa addiction. It is a viscious cirlce no doubt!

Before we persue a lawsuit I think we need to apply for a grant from our Uncle Sam the government to conduct some very extensive research on the "pure adrenline rush and how addicting it is when riding a hayabusa!" I also feel that with this funding from the government we should get enough money to cover everymember of the board with the price of a BUSA (old or new), complete mod package (i.e. pc, turbo, nitris, rims, etc...) 2yr supply of tires, 2yr supply of fuel( all mixes and grades) and all labratory expensives( mech shop for mods).
super.gif

ALL IN SAY CHEERS!!!
beerchug.gif

OK board president
bowdown.gif
, we the people have spoken so MAKE IT SO
super.gif

super.gif

what addiction I don't have an addiction

"thinking to myself" I wonder if my Busa is warm enough at home since it was cold and rainy today?

but they'll never know what I'm thinking
super.gif

speaking of grants.... I used to skydive but quit cold turkey when I found out about an actual self induced chemical addiction it creates - I think it was dopamine? Dopamine addition - released when the adrenalin is in action - you can get PHYSCIALLY addicted to that. I quit because NO chemical will PWN me! Not even my own.

That said, I do wonder if the Busa speed has similar properties? Seriously! I haved called cycling "horizontal skydiving" and now that I think of it, they are very similar [and deadly], so maybe it IS addictive?

you might be on to something here. some riders I know "gotta get a fix" almost daily. and I have sometiems felt that.

Who is good at wirting up grant proposals?

(1 BAD 2K @ Oct. 10 2006,09:28) Before we persue a lawsuit I think we need to apply for a grant from our Uncle Sam the government to conduct some very extensive  research on the "pure adrenline rush and how addicting it is when riding a hayabusa!" I also feel that with this funding from the government we should get enough money to cover everymember of the board with the price of a BUSA (old or new), complete mod package (i.e. pc, turbo, nitris, rims, etc...) 2yr supply of tires, 2yr supply of fuel( all mixes and grades) and all labratory expensives( mech shop for mods).  
super.gif

ALL IN SAY CHEERS!!!
beerchug.gif

OK board president
bowdown.gif
 , we the people have spoken  so MAKE IT SO
super.gif
beerchug.gif
CHEERS!

You have my vote in this.
biggrin.gif

super.gif

beerchug.gif

But seriously, I believe all motorcycle owners should get some kind of tax break/incentive ,,,for saving the environment from excessive pollution unlike cagers, energy conservation/fuel consumption and for looking good on a Busa!! Ok..e-mail yo representative so we can get a tax break and buy more parts....dang it !!It happened again ,we need help
super.gif

(WWJD @ Oct. 10 2006,11:50) speaking of grants.... I used to skydive but quit cold turkey when I found out about an actual self induced chemical addiction it creates - I think it was dopamine? Dopamine addition - released when the adrenalin is in action - you can get PHYSCIALLY addicted to that. I quit because NO chemical will PWN me! Not even my own.
I remember reading this study. I think I hurt myself rolling my eyes. I'm usually very interested in studies like this, the ones that involve the brain, even more so than the normal studies of addiction, because those usually deteriorate into some crusader's diatribe against whatever particular drug they happen to be talking about.

But the bottom line remains the same. You can find these same brain reactions and processes in any brain that falls in love with something. That's not to actual romantic love, although it can be. The process is the same whatever you're talking about.

Some people take that first sip of whiskey, and something clicks. It clicks again, forever, every time they take a drink, and those people become alcoholics. Some times it's a businessman making a multi-million dollar deal, sometimes it's a socialite meeting new people at a sophisticated gathering, sometimes it's sky divers and B.A.S.E. jumpers feeling that weightlessness when they step into the blue, and sometimes it's a Hayabusa rider wrapping the throttle open and listening to the wind shriek around him.

The process is the same. It's love, in point of fact. And I'll be damned if some media funded study is going to make me give up the things I love and the things I live for no matter how much they call it an "addiction."

Everything you do every millisecond of every day produces chemical reactions in your body. And the effects of dopamine are just beginning to be understood at the deepest level. I read one study recently where the outcomes showed that sitting totally still and relaxed produces more dopamine in the human body than an active lifestyle.

The latest hypothesis is that chemicals like cocaine and amphetamines (often mentioned in dopamine studies) and adrenaline don't actually create dopamine but change the way the body deals with it, i.e. the amount of dopamine in your body never changes, it's just absorbed at different rates because of other chemicals either blocking or unblocking the dopamine receptors.

The media will continue to make everything sound ominous. Ominous is good for ratings.
pissed.gif

If you ask me, it's the media that is ominous.

If you're worried about "dopamine addiction" just remember that the opposite of having too much dopamine is not having enough dopamine and then you get Parkinson's disease.
crazy.gif

Some addictions in life are worth it regardless of if they make you lose all your money and your wife.This includes motorcycles and crack for me

I doubt I have an "addictive" personality, but having experienced teh skydive thing first hand [repeated jumps not just a one shot excitement] it DOES do something to you... I sort of recognized it while I was getting sucked in. I saw it in the lifer jumpers too and it did remind me of a drug like thing. I've been in deep soul satisfying love a few times, but skydiving never felt anything like that. So, I do think there was some merit to their study. Hearing about it was my wakeup call and I bailed out of skydiving [pun]. Had I not, I would not be motorcycling at all.

The rush, tension, excitiement, speed and near death feeling is kinda similar on a busa, but skydiving is a lot more compacted into a shorter time. But I do think maybe cycling has the same effects to a lesser degree.

Grab the lawyers, and lets win some frivolous cash! But, lets go after Kawasaki instead since we all still love Suzuki
smile.gif

+ 1 on joining the madness. It would be hard to put a value on the information one can get from the folks on the org. Why not become a donating member and get yourself some of those cool spinning balls?
beerchug.gif

Back