Chrome wheels

Smoke_Dog

Registered
I'm thinking about changing my black rims in for chrome stock ones who has pictures of the 40th with this mod and whats the pros/cons of the change? Thanks

Suzuki factory says it makes your rims brittle. I had mine done by sportchrome and they said it doesn't. I heard of people getting the wrong rear size rim back. Sportchrome says: They specialize in busa rims, they chromed over 400 sets last year. I heard of getting bent rims on exchange. Sportchrome says: All the wheels coming in get computer balanced prior to being dipped. If you do get it done I suggest sportchrome.

My dealer said that these are some of the best he has seen.

2004_0323_144315AA.JPG

Depending on what the roads are like where you live, plan on spending ALOT of time polishing. My friend has chrome rims on his bike and they look great...but riding through Philly streets tends to take away their shine real quick!

Well that pic looks like crap, lets try this one.
Great lookin' bike, CNJ! I think BT may have a little competition here! Smoke Dog, I have also thought of getting my rims chromed because of the look but am weary of the getting a good set in return for mine. Maybe next year!

if you think you gotta polish chrome alot, dont even THINK of going the polished aluminum route. polished bikes are beautiful, but are TERRIBLE to keep clean and tarnish-free. Aluminum is super soft and swirls and dulls VERY easily. When it looks good it looks great...when its bad...uggh!

Thats why the 2002 black-framed SE was a gift sent from God himself! (not that i'm just a BIT biased!
smile.gif
)

GET THE CHROME BUT REMEMBER YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR SO DO YOUR SHOPING AROUND FIRST.YOUR BEST BET WOULD BE TO FIND A LOCAL SHOP THAT ALREADY HAVE RIMS IN STOCK SO YOU COULD SEE BEFORE YOU BUY,AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL OF THE BS FROM A CHROME SHOP.YOU WILL BE RIM LESS FOR MONTHS

heres mine and I think its the only way to go....Don't like black wheeles at all...Just my .02

one_star_undertail_001.jpg

Chrome... As much as I dislike it on "SportBikes" should be a cinch to clean...  It's polished Ally that will kill your ass...  From what I have seen and heard it's a constant process to keep polished aluminum looking good...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081862894 -->

I got my wheels 04 Blue/Silver done at Santa Ana Plating. They had MY rims for 16 days then add shipping time. The bike was down a total of 3 1/2 weeks. They send you your rims nobody elses. The chrome looks better than any others I have seen. The web site is www.chroming.com. I couldnt be more impressed with the results. I dont have any pictures to post yet,but will try to get some. Kevin

I polished my rims last winter and rode all of 03 on them. Looked good but like everybody said SUCKED to clean! Thats why I had them chromed this winter. Sorry about picture quality, I dont know why they look so poor. I have also heard good things about Santa Ana but seems to me they were a bit more expensive. Thanks for all the luv!

There is one at the shop that has some aftermarket chrome wheels that looks SWEET! I will get a pic and load it tonight.
cool.gif

This is my busa.. got chrome rims, gas tank, and levers 03 Busa 40th anv. edition HMF High Mounts pciiir, custom map

DSCN3001.JPG

Powdercoat Everything!!!! I'm taking mine down to the frame this winter and everything is going to be powdercoated.
cool.gif

Back