Christmas Gift

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
Thinking about getting my boy a gun for Christmas. Wife says ok and we have access to 55 acres to "play". He is also getting a dirt bike... good kid.

Anyway. He asked for an air soft but not too keen on neighborhood kids shooting at each other as I have witnessed (no goggles). I am all about gun control and would teach him the do and do not's. Like, never point a gun at someone unless you have already decided to pull the trigger.
rock.gif

Questions is which would you consider buying out of these:
A) Air Soft Rifle
B) BB/Pellet Rifle
C) Single Shot .22 Rifle

I would start him off with the BB gun
guns.gif
Kids are going to be kids and with the BB's he can shot just about anywhere.
beerchug.gif

I got my first BB gun at that age I would think that would be good enough to larn on .

Dave I think I would look in to gettin him a Benjamin/Sheridan Pellet rifle I had one of those when I was growing up has a good wood stock amd will last longer than you me and your son all put together. Not to mention the rifle is very accurate that is what my dad taught me with and that is what I will get my son when he comes of age to start shooting.  Also I think they are made in the USA as well and look more like a real rifle to boot.

Looks like this is leaning towards my first impression... pellet gun. He can always be treated with dad's high powered stuff but a pellet gun he could easily walk around the land with and me have no worries. A .22 I would feel a need to be there all the time until he gets older.

beerchug.gif

when my girl turned 10 (12 now), I gave her my marlin .22 semi-auto that I got when I was 10. this summer, my boy (9 now)got to shoot it. (bench shoot)I never let / approved of either of them playing with toy guns, they have had bb guns since 5 and know general gun safety. I would take them out when my brother would break out the larger cal firearms to let them see the destructive power they have in real life. IMHO the most important things are respect for the firearm, sense, and safety. just my .02
beerchug.gif

Dave I think I would look in to gettin him a Benjamin/Sheridan Pellet rifle I had one of those when I was growing up has a good wood stock amd will last longer than you me and your son all put together. Not to mention the rifle is very accurate that is what my dad taught me with and that is what I will get my son when he comes of age to start shooting.  Also I think they are made in the USA as well and look more like a real rifle to boot.
Which one resembled yours?

http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/benjamin_air_rifle_airguns_s/64.htm

The Pellet rifle will give him the opportunity to show you that he has real responiblity in regards to gun safety Dave.  I know that your son acts very mature Dave but kids will be kids and the pellet/BB guns are a little more forgiving if something was to happen not saying that it would but stuff happens then once he has shown you that the responiblity is there and that he know gun safety then step the lad up to the .22 also the he makes that step to a .22 or something bigger  
thumb_up.gif

The one above is a Pump do not go with the CO2 they sux and you wind up spending money on the CO2 and pellets. The one above has more power with one Pump that a fresh CO2 not to mention you will only have to spend money on pellets with the one above instead of Pellets and CO2

Teaching him to respect them is more important than anything.
I am with you on the Pellet gun though. He may enjoy shooting the .22 allot but the fact he could just go out back and mess around with the pellet gun without you on top of him worrying all the time might make it a more enjoyable present.

I have 10 or 12 pellet guns.Pump and co2.I prefere the co2. The pump gets a little boring....pump,load,pow,pump,load,pow. I have a co2 rifle that takes a clip of 12.Feels realistic and can hit a dime swinging on a string from 40+ feet. Some of todays pellet guns can do a 1000 fps(feet per second) or more. Most countries limit pellet and bb guns to 500 fps,above that and they are considered a firearm.

If you wanted,I would send you a pump pellet pistol with laser sighting for the cost of the shipping. I dont have any rifles to give away,sorry.

RSD.

I have 10 or 12 pellet guns.Pump and co2.I prefere the co2. The pump gets a little boring....pump,load,pow,pump,load,pow.  I have a co2 rifle that takes a clip of 12.Feels realistic and can hit a dime swinging on a string from 40+ feet.  Some of todays pellet guns can do a 1000 fps(feet per second) or more. Most countries limit pellet and bb guns to 500 fps,above that and they are considered a firearm.

If you wanted,I would send you a pump pellet pistol with laser sighting for the cost of the shipping. I dont have any rifles to give away,sorry.

RSD.
Thanks bro.

I would probably rather have a rifle for him but will think about it. Perhaps shipping and a small donation to the board? Will let you know.

beerchug.gif

Back