Christmas 2022

It came screaming through Oklahoma this morning... Current wind chills -18 and getting colder...

1671735667421.png

1671735679757.png

Well, I'd like to join in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I hope the Christmas mood still comes with me, because this year I feel somehow nothing. War, inflation, stress, dwindling health and and and! The whole world has become so hectic that taking December as a quiet month to calm down and reflect did not work out again. The children have school until December 23rd, so there is no time to get in the mood for Christmas. And then people try to stamp out the Christian tradition of Christmas more and more here in Europe! Since festivals are renamed and you try to exchange all terms related to Christmas. The shops are no longer decorated, no Christmas music, it's all about buying, buying, buying and buying again. Christmas decorations are to be avoided, it might annoy migrants who don't like Christmas, at least that's the rationale for the whole gray Christmas. Well... and you should feel relaxed?

Nevertheless, I hope that you and your families will have a Merry Christmas and that you will have a few quiet days! Have a good time and have a happy new year!

Well, I'd like to join in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I hope the Christmas mood still comes with me, because this year I feel somehow nothing. War, inflation, stress, dwindling health and and and! The whole world has become so hectic that taking December as a quiet month to calm down and reflect did not work out again. The children have school until December 23rd, so there is no time to get in the mood for Christmas. And then people try to stamp out the Christian tradition of Christmas more and more here in Europe! Since festivals are renamed and you try to exchange all terms related to Christmas. The shops are no longer decorated, no Christmas music, it's all about buying, buying, buying and buying again. Christmas decorations are to be avoided, it might annoy migrants who don't like Christmas, at least that's the rationale for the whole gray Christmas. Well... and you should feel relaxed?

Nevertheless, I hope that you and your families will have a Merry Christmas and that you will have a few quiet days! Have a good time and have a happy new year!
German Christkindle markt was almost the ultimate in Christmassy scenes.
i had been to several they were very nice

Well all, it's that time of year again...most of us survived 2022....

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas early as I'm going off grid after tomorrow.

My wife and I are travelling to see our son and his daughters for Christmas...

Take care and hopefully everything your bike asked for is under the tree...
I had a nice quiet weekend planned. Got a call Wed night from a security company out of state asking if I could transport a high profile clients wheelchair bound son this weekend. They were flying in for the holidays.

I said it's a holiday weekend and my drivers were all scheduled off.

Sir we will pay. Give us a number. I said $1500/day.

Done. Send us the contract. It was back in 30 minutes.

Friday morning an armored Suburban shows up with 3 big dudes with guns. Gave the go ahead and payment was executed over the phone in advance.

I'm actually killing time in a restaurant waiting for the next leg to transport. I'm "hired" til the 26th.

It's so far been about 5 hours of work. And a lot of orbiting. Reminds me of the good old days.... Lol

The 25th will be long. Nothing's open. And I have to orbit.

Back