Chino, California

He should be kicking his friends a$$ for running!...Well, after the leg wound heals.
blush.gif
No handed push ups would have come in handy here, too. Getting shot is no fun, but, getting shot for someone elses stupidity rreeaallyy sucks A$$.
cussing.gif

The one point I still cannot agree with is how all Leo's will say that the officer is always right no mtter what. And that the guy on the ground must have done something to deserve this. What if the guy was complying and the Leo was just some inexperienced kid and got cought up in the situation and was confused and a little pissed off and decided it was payback time.

David
They have too I think. (In reference to yer first sentence there). I think they stick together because the have to be a unit. They just cant start dissin' one another. They have to rely on one another for their very survival.

And yer second part there (about being compliant) I dont man, thats a real big stretch isn't? Cop gets confused and decides its payback time,starts blasting away. Thats a tuff one to swallow.

Interesting case, I guess time will tell. Assuming the cop hasn't already been convicted by the media.

RSD.

Running from the police TRIGGERS a few things. The officer/s in pursuit imediately have a huge increase in respitory rate,increased blood flow,a rise in anxiety,testosterone,yadda yadda yah. All things which can contribute to a lower level of judgement.
 Why do people constantly insist on putting themselves into situations where the may be at the mercy of another human who they themselves(the criminal) have altered that persons decission making process.
 If you run,which was the case here YET AGAIN,you are putting peoples lives at risk. Your own,the Leo,and Joe Public Citizen.

Here's a wild guess. The guys home from the war,the buddies take out the returning military man for some beers.Everyone gets pissed. Cop suspects drinking driver,attempts to pull over said vehicle. Driver rabbits,chase ensues.Guy gets shot.

Morale of the story...don't run...then you don't get shot.

RSD.
I agree with you, but on the other hand i would like to know exactly what happened.  The media only plays what they think will sell.  It doesnt matter who it makes look bad.  The leo could have had a justified reason, but the media will not show that part of the video.  If everything went the way the media says, then that leo is in some trouble, but i cant help but to think there has to be more to it.
Finally, someone who is a Leo and says that the guy on the ground or the Leo could be at fault. That's all I have been trying to say. Maybe the guy deserved what he got. But then again, the Leo might be guilty.

Thanks,
David
Everyone makes mistakes and the media loves it when an its authority figure .You never here enough of the good it always the bad,Im sure you can relate to that my friend.
wink.gif

Wire dawg... When I saw it this morning I thought the Newscaster stated he was a Soldier... don't think they gave a specific branch...
Nothin' directed at you personaly.  I'm sure they did refer to him as a soldier as the media can't seem to understand that we're not all soldiers.  It's a simple concept really.  Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines.  Go call a Marine "soldier" and I think you'll receive a lively response...
A Marine is called a Marine and not a soldier. Also Marine is always capitalized .

A Marine is called a Marine and not a soldier. Also Marine is always capitalized .
Yup. Learned that by working with you guys on Okinawa about what seems like a thousand years ago. Interesting to see the differences between the branches during my tour there. The AF just recently started using the capital A in Airman.

Yup.  Learned that by working with you guys on Okinawa about what seems like a thousand years ago.  Interesting to see the differences between the branches during my tour there.  The AF just recently started using the capital A in Airman.
Oki was fun! BC street for sure  
wink.gif
Oh man oh man... Gate 2 and BC street were WAY too much fun in the pre-curfew days. I wonder what it's like now? Good times for sure back then. I remember going up to Kin with some buddies a couple times and sticking out like a sore thumb with all my Air Force hair!

Yup.  Learned that by working with you guys on Okinawa about what seems like a thousand years ago.  Interesting to see the differences between the branches during my tour there.  The AF just recently started using the capital A in Airman.
wink.gif
Oh man oh man...  Gate 2 and BC street were WAY too much fun in the pre-curfew days.  I wonder what it's like now?  Good times for sure back then.  I remember going up to Kin with some buddies a couple times and sticking out like a sore thumb with all my Air Force hair!
Sinville

Running from the police TRIGGERS a few things. The officer/s in pursuit imediately have a huge increase in respitory rate,increased blood flow,a rise in anxiety,testosterone,yadda yadda yah. All things which can contribute to a lower level of judgement.
 Why do people constantly insist on putting themselves into situations where the may be at the mercy of another human who they themselves(the criminal) have altered that persons decission making process.
 If you run,which was the case here YET AGAIN,you are putting peoples lives at risk. Your own,the Leo,and Joe Public Citizen.

Here's a wild guess. The guys home from the war,the buddies take out the returning military man for some beers.Everyone gets pissed. Cop suspects drinking driver,attempts to pull over said vehicle. Driver rabbits,chase ensues.Guy gets shot.

Morale of the story...don't run...then you don't get shot.

RSD.
I agree with you, but on the other hand i would like to know exactly what happened.  The media only plays what they think will sell.  It doesnt matter who it makes look bad.  The leo could have had a justified reason, but the media will not show that part of the video.  If everything went the way the media says, then that leo is in some trouble, but i cant help but to think there has to be more to it.
Finally, someone who is a Leo and says that the guy on the ground or the Leo could be at fault. That's all I have been trying to say. Maybe the guy deserved what he got. But then again, the Leo might be guilty.

Thanks,
David
Everyone makes mistakes and the media loves it when an its authority figure .You never here enough of the good it always the bad,Im sure you can relate to that my friend.
wink.gif
Oh yea, I can relate and your right. I have worked in and for the GOV for almost 30 years and have seen some crooked ####...
In all walkes of life you never hear the good, only the bad of almost all things.
A cop can be the greatest guy around and you will never hear that.
But let him screw up once and his a** is grass.

David

Yup. Learned that by working with you guys on Okinawa about what seems like a thousand years ago. Interesting to see the differences between the branches during my tour there. The AF just recently started using the capital A in Airman.
wink.gif
SSSSSHHHHHHHHH Gunny!

Didn't figure it would take anyone long to put that up here.. Just gonna give a few opinions cause this one is gonna get out of hand.. 1. We was not there so we don't know 100% what happened . 2. Is they ran from the cops .3. I'm sure he wasn't wearing full uniform dress so the cop new that he was a vet.4. 3 means nothing if he was breaking the law.. I have friends and family that are cops and i will be the first to tell you that i would not do there job..Don't get paid enough for all the BS that you have to put up with and now you have sue happy people everywhere trying to make a quick buck , And all the ones putting them down (cop Bashers ) are the first ones that call crying for help when someone is breaking in there house or hurting them.. Not saying there isn't bad cops but i guarantee there is more good cops then bad and all this does is make there job harder....

He's not a soldier, he's an airman.  Air Force Security Forces troop who just returned from Iraq.  Survives Iraq and gets shot in California by a fellow LEO.  Ironic...
Does that make him any less of a person?
you missed it....Wire Dog was just clarifing what he did as an' occupation,not attempting to belittle the man.

lets not let this one get out of hand ok men. Go easy on the nit-picking as we attemp to wade thru this.

Lets go have a beer and watch the game,its on in 6 hours.

beerchug.gif
brave.gif
director.gif

He's not a soldier, he's an airman.  Air Force Security Forces troop who just returned from Iraq.  Survives Iraq and gets shot in California by a fellow LEO.  Ironic...
Does that make him any less of a person?
you missed it....Wire Dog was just clarifing what he did as an' occupation,not attempting to belittle the man.

lets not let this one get out of hand ok men. Go easy on the nit-picking as we attemp to wade thru this.

Lets go have a beer and watch the game,its on in 6 hours.

beerchug.gif

brave.gif

director.gif
What Rubba said.

IMHO the Police are a joke...

There's no excuses for this deputy's actions, adrenaline, anxiey, etc are just lame BS excuses. With 10 years on the force I would of expected this "seasoned" officer to handle the situation a bit better than just shooting the kid three times.

I hope this deputy loses his postion on the force. and is prosecuted for his dumb A$$ actions.

Back