Chino, California

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
Another bad situation. Did the guy deserve to be shot several times while on the ground?
Man I think this one is going to be the biggest one yet...
And the audio seems to show the Leo saying to get up several times and then shooting the guy again...
If the Leo turns out to be in the right, then so be it,
The guy was wrong and just got shot, end of story...
But if it is as it seems on the tape...
All I can say is the Leo should get the same treatment as the person on the ground...And soon...

David

David

is this what you are referring to Home Video Appears To Show Deputy Shooting Man Who Obeyed Commands
rock.gif

I saw that on the news this morning... Unsure as to what happened... I will agree from the brief snippet I saw it was disturbing. They say he identified himself as Military before being told to get up and the shooting started... but on the other hand I believe the car he was in was fleeing the Police.

The one thing I really hate is seeing snippets of a video. It is impossible to tell what happens unless you get the full picture. Very sad for the soldier and very sad for the officer who shot him...

I saw that on the news this morning... Unsure as to what happened... I will agree from the brief snippet I saw it was disturbing.  They say he identified himself as Military before being told to get up and the shooting started... but on the other hand I believe the car he was in was fleeing the Police.  

The one thing I really hate is seeing snippets of a video.  It is impossible to tell what happens unless you get the full picture.  Very sad for the soldier and very sad for the officer who shot him...
To a point, I agree. But without these so called snippets where would we be. As I posted a few days ago who's word is to be believed. With no video the Leo could say anything he wants about what happened. However, the video does not, cannot lie. It can only show the event happening. So the video will either show the Leo was wrong or the guy on the ground was wrong. It appears that the Leo was out of control...And the guy was just a passenger. Do you have any friends who have done anything stupid and you were drawn into it...I have been with some people who did some really stupid stuff and I just got cought up in the situation...

David

The officer lost his self control in the midst of the action. He couldn't justify deadly force, unless he observed actions that could cause physical harm to himself or someone else. They soldier sounded to be compliant, and unarmed. I don't think the officer has a prayer on this one!
sad.gif
I don't think it's very surprising why some people are scared of the police, but I also understand why the police can overreact while the adreniline is high. There's still no excuse for that to happen the way it did!

He's not a soldier, he's an airman. Air Force Security Forces troop who just returned from Iraq. Survives Iraq and gets shot in California by a fellow LEO. Ironic...

from what i seen on the news he is deep shite the person shot was the passenger and was complying to the officers commands then when the officer tells him to get up he shoots him twice and when the guy groaning in pain the cop says shut the hell up
mad.gif
I didn't see any thing that would make grounds to shoot the guy
wink.gif

Devious... what I meant was... I wish they would show the entire video... instead of showing us a brief snippet... Wasn't complaining about there being videos of stops...

Wire dawg... When I saw it this morning I thought the Newscaster stated he was a Soldier... don't think they gave a specific branch...

Wheres the vid of the shooting? All I saw was the news report but not the shooting.

<!--EDIT|Gunnybusa
Reason for Edit: "sp"|1138903751 -->

Wire dawg... When I saw it this morning I thought the Newscaster stated he was a Soldier... don't think they gave a specific branch...
Nothin' directed at you personaly. I'm sure they did refer to him as a soldier as the media can't seem to understand that we're not all soldiers. It's a simple concept really. Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines. Go call a Marine "soldier" and I think you'll receive a lively response...

didn't take it personally... I'm prior Military so I hear ya
tounge.gif

Ok,the video is pretty much useless,but I'm guessing the guy reached in his pocket for his ID's BEFORE he was told to or given permission to do so.The officer will prolly lose his job though,the guy was a war veteran and was cooperating or so it sounded like he was.I cant say for sure.NJ.

Running from the police TRIGGERS a few things. The officer/s in pursuit imediately have a huge increase in respitory rate,increased blood flow,a rise in anxiety,testosterone,yadda yadda yah. All things which can contribute to a lower level of judgement.
Why do people constantly insist on putting themselves into situations where the may be at the mercy of another human who they themselves(the criminal) have altered that persons decission making process.
If you run,which was the case here YET AGAIN,you are putting peoples lives at risk. Your own,the Leo,and Joe Public Citizen.

Here's a wild guess. The guys home from the war,the buddies take out the returning military man for some beers.Everyone gets pissed. Cop suspects drinking driver,attempts to pull over said vehicle. Driver rabbits,chase ensues.Guy gets shot.

Morale of the story...don't run...then you don't get shot.

RSD.

Running from the police TRIGGERS a few things. The officer/s in pursuit imediately have a huge increase in respitory rate,increased blood flow,a rise in anxiety,testosterone,yadda yadda yah. All things which can contribute to a lower level of judgement.
 Why do people constantly insist on putting themselves into situations where the may be at the mercy of another human who they themselves(the criminal) have altered that persons decission making process.
 If you run,which was the case here YET AGAIN,you are putting peoples lives at risk. Your own,the Leo,and Joe Public Citizen.

Here's a wild guess. The guys home from the war,the buddies take out the returning military man for some beers.Everyone gets pissed. Cop suspects drinking driver,attempts to pull over said vehicle. Driver rabbits,chase ensues.Guy gets shot.

RSD.
Regardless of the outcome of this you are correct. No matter what the situation, don't run. Just do what your told and maybe walk away. I have no argument with that. It's just common sense. I think all involved are probably guilty to some point. The one point I still cannot agree with is how all Leo's will say that the officer is always right no mtter what. And that the guy on the ground must have done something to deserve this. What if the guy was complying and the Leo was just some inexperienced kid and got cought up in the situation and was confused and a little pissed off and decided it was payback time. Again, these Leo's are supposed to be trained and evaluated to be able to handle this kind of thing and remain in control of themselves. Not lose it and start blasting away at anything that moves...

David

RSD.
Regardless of the outcome of this you are correct. No matter what the situation, don't run. Just do what your told and maybe walk away. I have no argument with that. It's just common sense. I think all involved are probably guilty to some point. The one point I still cannot agree with is how all Leo's will say that the officer is always right no mtter what. And that the guy on the ground must have done something to deserve this. What if the guy was complying and the Leo was just some inexperienced kid and got cought up in the situation and was confused and a little pissed off and decided it was payback time. Again, these Leo's are supposed to be trained and evaluated to be able to handle this kind of thing and remain in control of themselves. Not lose it and start blasting away at anything that moves...

David
+ 1, train,confirm,demonstrate.

RSD.
I agree with you, but on the other hand i would like to know exactly what happened. The media only plays what they think will sell. It doesnt matter who it makes look bad. The leo could have had a justified reason, but the media will not show that part of the video. If everything went the way the media says, then that leo is in some trouble, but i cant help but to think there has to be more to it.

RSD.
I agree with you, but on the other hand i would like to know exactly what happened.  The media only plays what they think will sell.  It doesnt matter who it makes look bad.  The leo could have had a justified reason, but the media will not show that part of the video.  If everything went the way the media says, then that leo is in some trouble, but i cant help but to think there has to be more to it.
Finally, someone who is a Leo and says that the guy on the ground or the Leo could be at fault. That's all I have been trying to say. Maybe the guy deserved what he got. But then again, the Leo might be guilty.

Thanks,
David

Back