Chicago Indoor Kart Racing=FUN!!!

BigDiesel

Registered
couple weeks back I went with some friends to Chicago Indoor Racing, and MAN was that FUN! I got to race some seriously fast karts (capable of 30-35mph they said, on the end of 1 straight) on a very nice track-not sure of the length, Id guess 1/4mi.-ish from start to finish-very twisty track...I'll try n add a video I took after I finished racing.

the races are pretty long-20 laps with usually 2-3 for a warm-up...my guys were so giddy n excited to be there, we did 4 races in a row-thats 100 laps at full-tilt, with maybe 5 min. to rest in between. I was sweatin my b**lz off (did I mention, safety req. are a full-length Nomex suit, neck brace/foam collar, and a DOT-appr. Full-face helmet...I wore my HJC) and by the end of the fourth race, I had sweatd-up the inside of my lid pretty good. We got a 15 min rest, then went BACK and I did 3 more races...then I gave up and taped the last one on my camera. The karts uhm...they're not built to fit a guy with a 36" inseam and a 44" chest...I was pretty cramped, but damn if that wasnt just like karting when I was a kid up  in The Dells-awesome fun, and if you have some friends who like autocross, this is just as fun!
You get print-outs at the end of each race showing your lap times, avg. time, best lap, and comparison to all your buddies' times too (a must-have for the s**t-talkers) its worth every penny-I even got a year-long membership so I can save on the next time I race-cuz there WILL be a next time!

(I was 5th out of 6 guys for Best Lap Time, but I outwieghed everybody by at least 50 lbs or MORE, and only one other 'tall' guy (6' 4" n only 160lbs) who was actually slower than me-but he's never done autocross or any motorsports racing...I did okay compared to the other guys tho-only .9sec behind 1st, and .4 behind 4th, so I dont have far to improve to beat up on my boys...just gotta lose a couple pounds first)

if you live within driving range and you're lookin for somethin to do with your friends/co-workers that'll be talked about forever as THE FUNEST THING THEY EVER DID, give these guys at CIR a call-here's a pic the 'usual suspects' that I went racin with

Kart_Racing_016.JPG

301 Hastings Drive
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089

you can see the building from the freeway exit almost-its in a lil industrial park, right next to a big pond-big Kart on the side kinda gives it away...

LQQks like fun B-D. We have a track here locally I've been trying to get to for the last four years. SHid aint cheap eithier from what I heard, then again what is, that involves having fun.

do they have the gear there for you or do you have to bring your own? How much $$$ and name of the place? Thanks man

it goes $50 ea for first 2 races, then $25 after that, unless you get membership-$25/yr
with membership, ea after first 2 is only $10 (i think, call'em if you're interested: 847-941-9400 or ChicagoIndoorRacing.com)

I know I spent $125, I got a 1yr membership, and I raced 7 times-140 laps total...it was worth every penny...especially the stupid grins on the corner-workers' faces when Id go by in a full-sideways drift, squeeling the tires thru a turn where I shuda been huggin the corner)

thanks for the info! I will look into it. I boosted your member rating
beerchug.gif

(BigDiesel @ Nov. 11 2006,14:30) someone tell me how to link a vid from photobucket in here, n I can show ya a short vid I took of racing
Just go to Photobucket and click video download (not photo). You can upload a videp from your hard drive 5 min max  but I think keeping your upload down to a 2min is playing it safe.  It will take sometime for it to process so be patient.

GSXTacy and I have gone to a track like that in Bettendorf , Iowa, and one here in the Kansas City area. It is real fun, but like you say, can cost some big bucks but well worth it. Hard to believe how much energy you exert throwing those carts around the track.
beerchug.gif

Back