Check out this Busa on craigslist

mattyss

Rockin My Reflectors
Donating Member
Registered
I dont know this guy or anything about the bike .I was surfing the net and came across this 04 for sale On craigslist

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/mcy/270842440.html

It seems like a really good deal 441 miles for $6500 and im sure he would take less if you read the ad. Im not in the market but maybe someone on the board is looking just wanted to pass it along

There's gotta be more wrong with it other than "light scratches".

Somthing don't smell right...

looks like an 04 model to me
rock.gif

looks like my '05 plastics (check the avatar) on LE frame (blacked out)?

How did the bike get scrapes on both sides plastics from a low speed spill? Wouldn't you have to be going pretty fast to get the bike to roll or maybe the bike has been in more than one low speed spill? Only 441 miles on an 04? Why even buy a bike?

I think people are getting confused with the big ass signature pic of the blue/silver '04.

The one of Craigslist is definitely an '05. Looks like he may have tried painting the frame black? Looks sort of shiney but it may just be his garbage camera. Light damage on both sides from a low speed spill? Yeah right.
rock.gif

If the VIN shows it as an LE (being it has a black frame) then it was in one hell of an accident and he replaced all the plastics with some crap he found on ebay. If so then odds are good the gauge cluster was replaced too and those aren't the original miles.

Many ways to disprove 441 miles. One can check the bottom side of the metal plates that cover the front brake pads on the front calipers. 441 miles should have very little brake dust residue present.
I agree why even buy the bike.

Back