Selling a bike on eBay

Superjustin13

Registered
Has anyone ever sold their bike on eBay? I've had 9 people look at my bike all with super low ball offers or tire kickers. I'm getting pretty tired of showing it to people.

2003 SV650S Sv650

There's my listing, I'm looking for 2,700$ lowest. I sell lots on eBay and im curious if i should go this route. I wouldnt ship the bike or anything, so i dont see how this could be beneficial to me since people would just look on Craigslist?

Has anyone ever sold their bike on eBay? I've had 9 people look at my bike all with super low ball offers or tire kickers. I'm getting pretty tired of showing it to people.

2003 SV650S Sv650

There's my listing, I'm looking for 2,700$ lowest. I sell lots on eBay and im curious if i should go this route. I wouldnt ship the bike or anything, so i dont see how this could be beneficial to me since people would just look on Craigslist?

ive known alot of people including myself that have sold vehicles on ebay just put it as local pickup only

ive known alot of people including myself that have sold vehicles on ebay just put it as local pickup only

That's what i was going to do. The real question is are these people not checking on craigslist? I think its a bit odd to bid on something rather then pick it up from Craigslist, but whatever. I think i might throw it up on eBay. Might as well show the world since 10,000 people want to look at it a day.

Put it on cycletrader, and post it here. I have sold a bike on ebay, but it was a local buyer. That should if you don't mind waiting a bit. Track season is coming up too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

+ 1 on trying cycletrader. Another option is to ask your local bike shop to put your bike on consignment with them: you get the floor traffic and financing assist and you free up some room in your garage (and not get bogged down with showing the bike to buyers).

+1 with Cycle Trader, that's where I usually go but their fees have gone up lately too.

Ebay gets a wider spread advertisement out there for you, but doesn't help a whole lot with local pick up and with Ebay's enormous fees now ......they seem to make more than you do have the time.

I'd also list it on Craigslist just because it's there and it's free but I'd count on the Cycle Trader add to get you the best results.

I had the same problem on E-Bay when I tried to sell my bass boat a few years back. Was paid for and I didn't need to sell it but after a 10 years I just got burnt out a little on the tournaments so I thought I might let the boat go but..... like you said "tire kickers and low ballers" Still have the boat to this day and my 20 yr old son fishes out of it now. If only I could get him to pay for the repairs!!!???

Back