Cheap Yuasa Battery

tommyboy

Registered
For those with a Cycle Gear store near by, you may be able to get a real Yuasa YTZ12S for 1/2 price if any are left in stock. Got mine for $62.

The YTZ12S is a 210 CCA battery versus 175 CCA for the the stock YT12A-BS and 230 CCA for the YTZ14S. The YTZ12S is the same size as the YTZ14S and is also a Gel cell battery. Both are slightly taller than the stock YT12A-BS which is a standard wet cell battery. The stock YT12A-BS can leak if the bike tips over or it is overcharged. Since the Busa does not use a battery hold down clamp, the taller size is not an issue.

cool.gif

My brother needs one for his VFR800. I just called about one at my local cycle gear and they told me 123.99.

(Professor @ Feb. 23 2007,12:55) My brother needs one for his VFR800. I just called about one at my local cycle gear and they told me 123.99.
I cannot say what other stores are doing. I guess it depends on how the stores are set up, IE Franchise versus a Corporate owned store.

The store near me said they are dropping Yuasa batteries and selling what they have left for 1/2 off. They are only going to sell some Generic brand called Dura Boost. If you go to the website, Yuasa does not show up, only Duraboost. The Dura Boost version of the YT12A-BS is $83 at Cycle Gear. $62 for a real Yuasa Gel cell was a steal.

PS
Having the YTZ12S as an alternative is good to know.

Damn I better check the cycle gear out here . I need a better battery!

I just had to buy a new battery for my 06. Barely 2 and a half years old. not happy about that... anyway ... went to the batteries plus store and got one that puts out 225cca for 95 bucks after tax. he tested it in the store and it showed 235 cca. not bad for 95 bucks. its the same size. just a tad bit taller but no issues with the seat.. its money well spent imo....

Back