Chatterbox

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
My son and I go ride at least once a week and we ride trails, nothing to difficult (Caps not doing can cans or tabletops anymore)
smile.gif
we have a great time but it would be so much better to be able to communicate back and forth when we ride... Who has a chatterbox and is there any reason that it wouldnt work on a dirtbike?

If so who has the best deal out there....

Doug

Might be hard to hear with all the noise of a dirtbike . If you want to try it I will send you mine to see if you like it. I will sell it if you want it also. Send me a Pm I will make you a very good deal Capt.
beerchug.gif

My 450x is quieter that a streetbike going down the road.....

Do you have one or two?

Only one, its the gmrsX1 its a bout 2 years old and I haven't used it in at least a year. It worked okay but there was no bass in the speakers for music.

I think I have one laying around in my spare parts somewhere. I'll look over the weekend and see if I can find it. Have no idea if it works or what model but if I can find it it's yours.

(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 29 2006,08:53) I have one too.
Tell me what channel you are going to be on and we can see of it will reach that far....
muscle.gif
muscle.gif
muscle.gif

Just kidding, how much... Looks like I need to buy a pair of them.

You guys have any problems with them, we are going to be within 100 yards of each other when we ride.

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

never used it, I ride really hard off road and my pipe is very loud plus nobody else has one so no point.

i know a couple of people that have them, and they said on the highway when you get over about 65mph its like "khsshh you there? khhssh pull shshshs over shhkshh" they said it gets very staticy at some speeds. But off road may be a different story. I think you will just have to try it and see if it works for that kind of riding. hope this helps.
biggrin.gif

It's not like we are running hard on a motorcross track, we are riding trails pretty hard around 20mph or so.....

I've heard that if you use earplugs.....it blocks out the outside noise and improves Chatterbox sound. I haven't verified this yet but I plan to soon.

(captain @ Sep. 29 2006,09:45) we are riding trails pretty hard around 20mph or so.....
ices_rofl.gif
laugh.gif

as long as your riding and having fun
bowdown.gif

but 20mph avg
AAAssjani.gif
(thats not really that slow, for an average)

(warwgn @ Sep. 29 2006,13:05)
(captain @ Sep. 29 2006,09:45) we are riding trails pretty hard around 20mph or so.....
ices_rofl.gif

laugh.gif

as long as your riding and having fun
bowdown.gif

but 20mph avg
AAAssjani.gif
 (thats not really that slow, for an average)
A lot is through the woods, the grass track you probably run top of 80 and average 50 or so.....

We usually ride 22 miles a day there... So 20 is pretty fast but there are some open areas that absolutely allow us to get on it.

Mines good for about 2.5 miles. I switch it between the busa and my quad. A good helemt will cut down on the nosie issue.

(Devil Dog @ Sep. 29 2006,11:28) I've heard that if you use earplugs.....it blocks out the outside noise and improves Chatterbox sound.  I haven't verified this yet but I plan to soon.
We do this and yes, it's true. Use the little foam squishy earplugs we use for shooting.

It also improves your ability to hear your music through the headphones.

--Wag--

Back