Changed GPS units and Tag location

Mr Droo

Registered
So, I've been sporting this:
SDC12216.jpg

SDC12215.jpg

I'm not going blind, but I've been looking for a bigger screened GPS unit so that I can glance down and see where I need to go. In a car, the GPS is usually in your sight, so you can see the road and GPS at the same time. Not so on the bike. I'm a tech nerd, so getting something new every year seems to be the regular thing to do.

SDC12226-1.jpg

SDC12212.jpg

SDC12217.jpg

Lemme tell ya, it's humungiant (humongous + giant). You can see everything, and I mean everything.

Talking to the salesman at the store, he was asking me where I was going to put this paper-map sized device... an Escalade? A Hummer?..... No? "A Busa, if I may." He says, "you have the bike outside?" (NO, I carry this helmet and jacket for shiz n' giggles.) I wanted to take the unit out of the box, take it to the parking lot, and just look to see if it would even be plausible to mount it between the bars. Jesus... God... ::eyes and mouth gape open:: Would you take a gander at that monstrosity!

Oh... I got a license plate mount too... big whoop!
SDC12219erase.jpg

Last edited:
You don't really look down at your device while riding do you :poke: I rely completely on the voice turn by turn.. That being said DAM THATS A BIG SCREEN!!! :laugh:

i've been using a garmin nuvi gps on my busa ever since i got the bike, about 2 years ago, and yes i look down at the screen all the time to see the next turn. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but a quick glance every now and then won't hurt anything. Hell, half the time i'm cruisin down the freeway punchin in a new address on the gps:laugh:. If u think about how often we look at other bikers and give the "wave"!!, about the same amount of time to take your eyes off the road and glance at the gps

RE: Sportcustoms71: It's a Techmount.

RE: Houstonbussa: The old unit is being sold at work tomorrow.

I saw that GPS at best buy yesterday and that thing is monstrous. You definitely wont have a problem seeing anything on that... :thumbsup:

It WILL play movies. There's an audio/video input on the bottom. You can hook up a portable DVD player, Zune, iPod, or other audio/video source to it. I would never watch a movie while riding, but if I ever have to wait anywhere for a period of time, I just might hook my Zune to it and watch something.

If I was out punking around town, I might throw on a movie, just to see the looks on people's faces while waiting at red lights! :laugh:

Oh, it's the Magellan Roadmate 1700

Back