Gps unit

smokingness69

Registered
looking for a good but not to expensive gps unit to measure my top end speed. whats the most common around here and best suited for my needs? i dont need anything for maps or directions...only mph, rpm's, things like that...i heard some can give you hp numbers.

looking for a good but not to expensive gps unit to measure my top end speed. whats the most common around here and best suited for my needs? i dont need anything for maps or directions...only mph, rpm's, things like that...i heard some can give you hp numbers.
Its not a GPS and I dont know if this will do top speed, but it seems like it should and it will give you everything else you could want in the way of performance. Gtech

Truly a small wonder, the eTrex takes the best features of a 12 parallel channel GPS receiver and put them into a six ounce package that is only four inches high and two inches wide. The result is a unit that will literally fit in the palm of your hand.

Besides its small size, mariners and outdoorsmen will likely notice the sleek design of the eTrex. All buttons are located on either side of the unit, allowing for simple, one-handed operation that won't obstruct your view of the display. In fact, the eTrex features only five operator buttons for the ultimate in user-friendly design. Thanks to its bright yellow case, the eTrex will be hard to misplace and easy to find in any boat or backpack. The eTrex is completely waterproof so it can take an accidental splash or dunk in the water and still continue to perform.

Inside the eTrex, you will find the proven performance of a 12 parallel channel GPS receiver that will run for 22 hours on just two AA batteries. The eTrex will store up to 500 user waypoints with graphic icons and boasts Garmin's exclusive TracBack® feature that will reverse your track log and help you navigate your way back home. In addition, the eTrex uses animated graphics that will help you identify your marked waypoints quickly and easily.

about 100 bucks at walmart

eTrexBig.jpg

I just got the etrax vista and im gonna use it for speed o .. Just havent run it on a trial run yet

I second the etrex. I have had one for a couple of years and it is a dead reliable unit. I use it on the Bus, on the dirt, even taken the little bloke to a few little battles. Never have to put my rifle down to use it (this is a good thing). After I started using it over the hokey issue jobbie, had to source heaps of them off ebay for other fellas. It has become SASR issue and is right popular with the guys. Always gets me home. We use a progam called NATMAP in conjunction and it downloads a tonne of data in a couple of seconds. Two thumbs up.

Truly a small wonder, the eTrex takes the best features of a 12 parallel channel GPS receiver and put them into a six ounce package that is only four inches high and two inches wide. The result is a unit that will literally fit in the palm of your hand.

Besides its small size, mariners and outdoorsmen will likely notice the sleek design of the eTrex. All buttons are located on either side of the unit, allowing for simple, one-handed operation that won't obstruct your view of the display. In fact, the eTrex features only five operator buttons for the ultimate in user-friendly design. Thanks to its bright yellow case, the eTrex will be hard to misplace and easy to find in any boat or backpack. The eTrex is completely waterproof so it can take an accidental splash or dunk in the water and still continue to perform.

Inside the eTrex, you will find the proven performance of a 12 parallel channel GPS receiver that will run for 22 hours on just two AA batteries. The eTrex will store up to 500 user waypoints with graphic icons and boasts Garmin's exclusive TracBack® feature that will reverse your track log and help you navigate your way back home. In addition, the eTrex uses animated graphics that will help you identify your marked waypoints quickly and easily.

+1

For a little over $100 you can get a Garmin 101 Foretrex. The drawback is a small screen, but it is full-featured. It is very small and waterproof. It is intended to be worn on the wrist, but I strap mine on the top clamp of the Busa or around the crossbar pad of my DRZ. A friend turned me on to it. He has been using his for over two years on his CRF off road with no problems, so vibration is not an issue. Unless you're just into bling/ sophistication/ excessive technology bragging rights, this unit will do more than most folks need and is really easy to use. 15 hours on a pair of AAA's, and it has the ability to interface with a PC.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143458261 -->

There is pretty nifty one that is worn on your wrist for about $135.Garmin I think.

+1
beerchug.gif

Pipedb.JPG

Back