Change of heart.....Blue>Red????

I have a blue one on order, but I just saw the blue and red in person and I think I might have a change of heart. The red one looks really rich. The grey on the red one is incredible, has a lot of metallic and looks so rich. The grey also ties in real well with the black plastic filler material between the gas tank and the fairings. The problem was that I saw the red under quartz spot lighting which made it look awesome! But the blue one, I saw at another dealer which had old dirty flourescent lighting, the bike was filthy, it had a black bra on hiding the whole tank. The color under the flourescent lighting made the bike look purple....It left a bad impression on me. Has anyone had a better experience with the blue???? My e-mail address is pts-inc@worldnet.att.net

You're not the only one that has had a change of heart. I had a blue on order for my wife and when we both saw the red/gray (especially the pearlized gray tank) we made the decision. The blue one is scheduled to arrive at the dealer sometime in January, the red is in our home!!! A blue one at the dealer [for another customer] was much darker than the one we saw at Biketoberfest '99, indeed a bit purplish.

--Felix

I got the blue one.
I found the blue to be very striking,
almost an electric blue, and the silver is very cool. Its a
tough choice, but very subjective. Blue
is a very traditional Suziki color but it
all boils down,in my book, to what floats
your boat.

I've noticed the same purplish effect with my blue, under light in my garage. Under dim light at night, the blue seems to be darker, and against the black tires and rims, it looks stealthy to me. Also makes the silver really stand out. I wouldn't be surprised if Suzuki used this silver as a predominant color on next year's model. I like it, but I agree: get what floats your boat.
If the blue looks different in different lightings, I think that is good. Anyone remember that special factory paint that came on some of the Ford Mustang Cobras in '96 or '97? If you looked at the car at one angle, the car looked purplish. At another angle, the car changed to a metallic greenish tint. Cool effect. Heard that paint costs a fortune. The bike looking different in various settings is a plus to me.
I also had second thoughts when I saw that red one in the crate beside my crated blue. It's great that the choice is hard; anyone would be hard-pressed to say the bikes are ugly.

I wish Suzuki offered the blue with the pearlized dark gray, that would be an awesome color combination!!! I have a sunfire red pearl '99 Toyota Tacoma that looks identical to the red Busa, which is why I opted to get something different, like the blue one. Who knew the grey on the red one was going to look so hot!! Decisions, decisions..... Arai makes a nice RX7/RR4 helmet; Kenny Robert's Jr., which has a blue and silver eagle. Check it out it looks hot. www.nwcycle.com

Turbo1300, I'm looking to buy an Arai RX-7/RR4 Kenny Rogers Jr.(blue eagle logo)helmet. Also, the 2000 blue Suzuki Hayabusa/Vanson leather jacket, size 52. Last but not least, Tecnik Violator carbon kevlar gloves. You can e-mail me at pts-inc@worldnet.att.net .....Thanks Michael

Saw the KR,Jr lid at Road Atlanta, almost got it there. Came back home and ordered one, waited 4 weeks....... finally got a solid white one and sent it to the painter.

It will be copper instead of blue, since I have a copper busa. Should be here in 2 weeks.

I saw the blue busa today back to back with the red one, with proper lighting. Both bikes were gleaming, but the blue one won my heart back without any doubts period. I really thought the blue one was hot. To all you guys out there having a change of heart from the blue to the red, make sure you see the blue in proper lighting either inside or natural sunlight. I'm so happy, and can't wait for my blue to arrive!!!

Back