Chain noise?

bronc3

Registered
I am hearing what sounds like chain noise in the counter sprocket area when under a load.Goes away completely when decel or coasting.Dealer told me it is normal.Bike is an '03 with 800 miles on it,all easy ones.It is a grating noise-doesn't run you off the bike but it is annoying.I don't recall the bike making this noise when new.Has anyone experienced the same thing?I may be concerned over nothing....I have owned other bikes that had noisier drivlines than this,but this is my first brand-new street bike.Am I just being too picky?Thanks in advance for any help...

Sometimes I'll hear a noise similar to car backing up(the tranny whine) when I'm accelerating out of a corner, up steep canyon in the mountains, very low rpms. But never anywhere else. Don't know if that is the same noise or not.

Mine doesn't make any noise at all when the chain is adjusted properly
I know it only has 800 on it....but have you checked for excessive chain slack.

Sometimes I'll hear a noise similar to car backing up(the tranny whine) when I'm accelerating out of a corner, up steep canyon in the mountains, very low rpms.  But never anywhere else.  Don't know if that is the same noise or not.
Sometimes I here the sound of crap spilling out of my puckered arse when I accelerate too... I wonder if it is the same thing?

Seriously though, I have some chain noise under load also. Even after adjusting it. But, MSF is right... Check your slack bro.

Welcome to the board........

Just like was said above. Start with chain sag/adjustment, then move to rear wheel alignment. One of these should solve your problem..............

Back