Chain and sprockets

busafan08

Registered
My touring bikes shaft drive now needs changing at 147K and was wondering how long does a well maintained chain sprockets would last on the busa no drag races just normal riding I have been told maybe 50K from a set not that i will do that many K on this bike how much does it cost for good chain and sprockets these days ? I guess I am trying to compare both for money time ect :thumbsup:

My experience '06 12K miles, '08 30K, it really depends on maintenance and use. I run the piss out of my bike and should do a little better on cleaning and waxing. I align to the hash marks, some guys use an alignment tool. Obviously if you ride in dirt and dust free locations, ride like Thomas, and clean and wax every 500 miles, doing all adjustments to perfection with an alignment tool you might get 50K but I'm doubting it.

I'm not hard on my bike at all. Changed out my chain and sprockets at around 33k and I think I coulda gotten about 10k more out of them

Sorry I meant a oil change I change the oil every 30 thousand km in the shaft drive on the wing its still going good at 310 thousand km BTW the busa chain and sprockets are still in good shape at 45 thousand km I clean and lube roughly around every 1000 thousand km :thumbsup:

Back