cell phone holders???

wewe

Registered
hey guys! i want to know what u use to hold your cell phone while riding and where u put it on the bike!
im looking for something solid to hold my htc touch pro and not being afraid to loose it on the hwy!

thanks

and how am i suppose to see the screen lets say for my gps fonction and manage the touch screen for lets say the nearly 8gb of mp3s that i like to listen to while riding?
i did both of these option for several years and want something better!

LOL, well, I velcro my ipod to my tree, I have gps on a ram mount. I think Pashnit sells some tech mounts, either mount will be perfect for what you want. TECHMOUNT - Home

the manta has a clear cover on the phone pocket and you can run the cord out of the zipper if you dont have bluetooth for those functions

Industrial Velcro on your triple tree like this.
You can get it at Home Depot.
Speed tested and approved...:laugh:

Velcro Iphone 002.jpg

Velcro Iphone.jpg

looks good Blanca Busa! has anyone tried herbert richter mounts?at techmount the stem mount would have been nice but its been b/o forever!!

I use the Velcro on the tripple also don't have to worry about mounts breaking off :laugh:

or getting it stolen...

I'm another one for the industrial strength velcro, I use it to mount my iPhone, GPS, radar detector, and my garage remote! It has been tested at various speeds and has held up extremely well! On another note for those who are using an iPhone or iPod touch if it is jail broken you can install a program called Glove Pod that will allow you to change the tracks of the iPod using the volume buttons in sleep mode!

There is also a program called music controls that will allow you to change tracks in other music apps such as Pandora and Rhapsody etc. Of course we know that the screen is extremely difficult to operate with riding gloves on; if you only use your iPod touch/iPhone for music when you ride this may be a solution! Sorry for the thread jack I just wanted to share!:beerchug:

IMG_0375 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

If you have the droid download the free "GPS SPEEDOMETER" application. Did it last night and it works great! Accurate real time GPS speed with current, high, and average speed values in US and metric.

Will not do the velcro though...sorry

i keep a ziplock bag in my tank bag, just in case it rains. slide phone and wallet, and it's all dry.

The clip that comes with the phone can be bolted to the triple tree by drilling the plastic clip, putting a washer between clip and top of bolt and a small steel spacer in triple tree countersunk hole. Almost no cost, no glue or residue if you want to remove it and no velcro on phone or bike. Just another method...works great at high speeds, too.

GetAttachment.jpg

I've alway's carried mine in my tank bag but due to my accident last year I've recently got to thinking about where the phone could be most useful in case of an accident. Accidents are never planned, you may be riding alone or away from the group and you might end up where it's difficult for you to be found. In a case such as this it may be best to carry the phone on your person. My Vanson jackets have an inside pocket intended for your drivers license, I think that's where my phone gonna go when I'm riding.

If you have the droid download the free "GPS SPEEDOMETER" application. Did it last night and it works great! Accurate real time GPS speed with current, high, and average speed values in US and metric.

Will not do the velcro though...sorry

Thanks for the heads up, going to have to look into that :agree:

Back