CCW Guys will love this

Look up Russian car wrecks on youtube, you will literally get hours of dash cam videos from random people. I have no idea why everybody has a dash cam but damn near everybody in that country has a freakin' dash cam.

It actually makes me want to install one and start using it like that.

For example this video, had the guy not been filming, the kid could have gone to the cops crying that thes guy just pulled a gun on him "for no reason".

Initially when young guy was at window driver would have been justified in shooting him.
But he made no attempt to drive away and instead exited vehicle and confronted the guy. At that time both were mutual aggressors and he would not have been justified if he had shot that guy in the street.

Thought that the young kid was going to the car to get his, wonder why he flipped out like that? Around these parts if some youngin is going to the car he's coming out with something more serious than a pipe....

Looked like the youngster was sitting on the side or waiting to merge into traffic....maybe he was upset because the traffic stopped for no apparent reason??? I don't know.....

Comeon...share....you can't throw that out there and not tell the whole story Daniel...

The Mrs and I were driving down a 4-lane road here in town. For you locals, it was on the west end of Ringgold Rd going toward the tunnels. We were in the right lane, with three vehicles ahead of us in the left lane. The first one braked quickly to make a last minute turn. The second car was a Toyota Avalon with an elderly couple and a Disabled Veteran license plate, which was able to get stopped safely. The car behind them was an older Hyundai Sonata in pretty rough shape. The driver of the Sonata wasn't paying attention and went into full emergency braking, just barely missing the Avalon.

Immediately when the Sonata got stopped, the driver jumped out and charged toward the driver's door of the Avalon while screaming and cussing. I don't think the old man even noticed him because he just proceeded to drive on like nothing was happening. At that point, the younger driver from the Sonata ran back to his car and began tailgating the Avalon and swerving erratically and honking the horn behind them. I then told my wife that this guy was going after an old disabled veteran, so I'm just gonna hang back here and watch over the situation.

Remember this is all taking place on a busy 4-lane road through town. Double yellow lines and no center turn lane. At his first opportunity, the Sonata swerves across the center line against oncoming traffic and passes the Avalon. As soon as he gets around them, he swerves back in front of them and locks down the brakes. Because there was other traffic behind them and the Avalon stopped very close to the Sonata, the elderly couple was now pinned in between the Sonata and the other traffic to their rear.

As soon as the Sonata stopped traffic in the left lane, I also locked it down in the right lane and told my wife to call the police and get them here right now. The younger guy immediately jumped back out of his car and ran toward the driver's door of the Avalon. As he was running back to the other car, I exited our vehicle and stood next to it. I checked him out for a second to see what I was dealing with. He was a white guy, probably about 6'2" 230lbs with a shaved head, no shirt, and completely covered in Nazi and Aryan Brotherhood tattoos. He tried his best to get the old man's door open, and after a minute or so of screaming and hitting their car, he looked up and realized that I was standing in the next lane watching him.

By that point, I had experienced a full adrenaline dump and was ready to take action if he gained access to their car or broke a window. He looked up at me and yelled, "You want some, white boy!" Since both he and I were white, I wasn't too sure what to make of that. He then ran back toward his car and said to me, "Oh, I got something for you!" He got back to his car, leaned inside it, and started digging around behind the driver's seat.

As he got to his car, I had no idea what he might be retrieving from it but felt certain that it would be a weapon, so I uncovered my sidearm and broke retention on my holster. I'm not sure what he was trying to get from the car, but as he was digging around, he looked up over the roof of the car and for the first time got a clear view of the weapon that was ready to be drawn against him. I yelled at him and said, "You need to get the *** out of here now!" At that point he stood back up for just a second, said something I didn't understand, and jumped back in his car and sped away.

This guy was clearly not thinking reasonably. I don't know if he was on drugs or just out of his mind, but because of his actions and the things he yelled at the elderly couple, I fully believed that he was prepared and willing to do severe bodily harm to others around him.

For those who may want to jump in here and say I was just trying to act tough because I had a gun, I would say that I carry a gun to defend my life and other innocent lives around me. What happened that afternoon scared me, and there was nothing "tough" about it. I was just trying to do what's right. To put my wife's safety in jeopardy is the last thing I ever want to do. That said, I simply could not allow an elderly disabled veteran and his wife to be assaulted and possibly killed in a random act of violence when I had the power to do something about it. I could not leave defenseless a person who at some point had signed his life away and made a promise to defend me and my family at any cost up to and including his life. My wife understands and has always known that I am protective in nature, and she appreciates that about me and trusts my judgment.

talking about retreating...:laugh:
the gun man must have given the kid the middle finger for passing him. The reason folks (esp. in russsia) have cams in their cars is cos of insurance fraud.

for instance...

The Mrs and I were driving down a 4-lane road here in town. For you locals, it was on the west end of Ringgold Rd going toward the tunnels. We were in the right lane, with three vehicles ahead of us in the left lane. The first one braked quickly to make a last minute turn. The second car was a Toyota Avalon with an elderly couple and a Disabled Veteran license plate, which was able to get stopped safely. The car behind them was an older Hyundai Sonata in pretty rough shape. The driver of the Sonata wasn't paying attention and went into full emergency braking, just barely missing the Avalon.

Immediately when the Sonata got stopped, the driver jumped out and charged toward the driver's door of the Avalon while screaming and cussing. I don't think the old man even noticed him because he just proceeded to drive on like nothing was happening. At that point, the younger driver from the Sonata ran back to his car and began tailgating the Avalon and swerving erratically and honking the horn behind them. I then told my wife that this guy was going after an old disabled veteran, so I'm just gonna hang back here and watch over the situation.

Remember this is all taking place on a busy 4-lane road through town. Double yellow lines and no center turn lane. At his first opportunity, the Sonata swerves across the center line against oncoming traffic and passes the Avalon. As soon as he gets around them, he swerves back in front of them and locks down the brakes. Because there was other traffic behind them and the Avalon stopped very close to the Sonata, the elderly couple was now pinned in between the Sonata and the other traffic to their rear.

As soon as the Sonata stopped traffic in the left lane, I also locked it down in the right lane and told my wife to call the police and get them here right now. The younger guy immediately jumped back out of his car and ran toward the driver's door of the Avalon. As he was running back to the other car, I exited our vehicle and stood next to it. I checked him out for a second to see what I was dealing with. He was a white guy, probably about 6'2" 230lbs with a shaved head, no shirt, and completely covered in Nazi and Aryan Brotherhood tattoos. He tried his best to get the old man's door open, and after a minute or so of screaming and hitting their car, he looked up and realized that I was standing in the next lane watching him.

By that point, I had experienced a full adrenaline dump and was ready to take action if he gained access to their car or broke a window. He looked up at me and yelled, "You want some, white boy!" Since both he and I were white, I wasn't too sure what to make of that. He then ran back toward his car and said to me, "Oh, I got something for you!" He got back to his car, leaned inside it, and started digging around behind the driver's seat.

As he got to his car, I had no idea what he might be retrieving from it but felt certain that it would be a weapon, so I uncovered my sidearm and broke retention on my holster. I'm not sure what he was trying to get from the car, but as he was digging around, he looked up over the roof of the car and for the first time got a clear view of the weapon that was ready to be drawn against him. I yelled at him and said, "You need to get the *** out of here now!" At that point he stood back up for just a second, said something I didn't understand, and jumped back in his car and sped away.

This guy was clearly not thinking reasonably. I don't know if he was on drugs or just out of his mind, but because of his actions and the things he yelled at the elderly couple, I fully believed that he was prepared and willing to do severe bodily harm to others around him.

For those who may want to jump in here and say I was just trying to act tough because I had a gun, I would say that I carry a gun to defend my life and other innocent lives around me. What happened that afternoon scared me, and there was nothing "tough" about it. I was just trying to do what's right. To put my wife's safety in jeopardy is the last thing I ever want to do. That said, I simply could not allow an elderly disabled veteran and his wife to be assaulted and possibly killed in a random act of violence when I had the power to do something about it. I could not leave defenseless a person who at some point had signed his life away and made a promise to defend me and my family at any cost up to and including his life. My wife understands and has always known that I am protective in nature, and she appreciates that about me and trusts my judgment.

I think you did the right thing Daniel, and I hope if faced with the same situation I hope I'd act as heroically. You carried as part of your job so you've had training for this. I hope you got the tag and reported it.

talking about retreating...:laugh:
the gun man must have given the kid the middle finger for passing him. The reason folks (esp. in russsia) have cams in their cars is cos of insurance fraud.

for instance...

Makes me want to get out and give this kid a reason to have injurires...jeez. It will most likely be here soon enough.

I think you did the right thing Daniel, and I hope if faced with the same situation I hope I'd act as heroically. You carried as part of your job so you've had training for this. I hope you got the tag and reported it.

Thank you, Keith. She had the police on the phone from the time I got out of the car, and we did give them all the pertinent information.

Good job man. That had to be a wild rush for those few minutes.

Back