CBR 929 to a Hayabusa

Grunt

Registered
Hi,
I like to get feedback from those that have transitioned from a CBR 929 to a Busa. I am 39 years old, 5-10 and 190 bs. I am looking for a more comfortable bike to ride long distances (150 miles). How does the riding position on the Busa compare to that of the 929. Recently, I went on a ride an about 60 miles into the ride my lower back, and knees started to get sore on my 929. Sitting on the bike in the dealership really does not give me the feedback that I am looking for.

My other bike is a 2003 HD Softail Deuce, great comfort but does not have the power like the 929. I appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.

First off, Welcome to The Board. My first bike was 929, got not much negative to say about the bike other than the fact that after a short ride my lower back started to ache. On top of that I had the carpotunnel effect on my wrist. The Busa hands down blows the 929 away in comfort and power. Although the 929 does have an edge on the Busa on the twisties though, but then again it boils down to the rider. Hope this helps.

I sold my 01 929 after I bought my busa. The busa is alot more comfortable than the 929 and like said above its a night and day difference in power, I sold the 929 because it was to slow.
smile.gif

Its very comfortable on long rides . I've even done a 981 mile day and only had a sore neck because I needed a throttle lock so I could let go of it once in a while.

You'll Probably miss some of the Tossable Nature of the 929 along with powerful, positive feeling Brakes. But otherwise, it sounds like a Busa will be a good choice for you.

Welcome to the board Grunt
biggrin.gif

I have never owned a 929... but after I bought Elenor (My Busa) I got the chance to ride friends 929 in Bombay. Gosh, the busa is king
bowdown.gif
the power deliver, the torque, the accelration, the comfort, the looks (my opinion) ... all score a million over the 929.

My suggestion... Go get the busa! You will definetly not regret it.
cool.gif

150mi. .. is NOT long distance.. heheh

I hardly take mine out of the garage for anything less that 225mi trips..

no offense or nothing.. just a difference in opinion.

The busa is nice for "long" trips, even if you don't do any mods.. but you may wanna look into the buell peg mod.. only one I've done and it was comfortable the last "LONG"trip i took 890miles in two days.

oh yeh, and geta comfortable helmet.. that helps alot!

oh yeh, and geta comfortable helmet.. that helps alot! [/QUOTE]

True... Very True
biggrin.gif

Thanks for all of the input. I think I am a little closer to owning a Busa. I am considering an 05 Red/Black.

There is only one other bike I am considering an it is the BMW K1200RS. I had a chance to test drive one several months ago and I was impressed with the comfort and the drivability of the bike but not the price.

As far as helmets go, I am an Arai fan. I have two Arai RX-7RR IV's in my inventory. I also have a Shoei Xtec that my wife bought me several years ago as a present. Both are good helmets but I prefer Arai.

Thanks again

Grunt

Another issue that I am concerned about is the passenger seat for my wife for comfort.

I havbe tried 5 or 6 different sportbikes, and I decided on Diablobusa (My 04 LE Busa) because of the comfort. I have ridden more than 300 miles per day a few times, with no complaints. It's a great choice for comfort and power.
beerchug.gif

the back seat on the busa is better than most sportbikes... the FJR Yami may be a bit better for 2 up comfort.. or possibly even the blackbird.. but they ain't no busa either.

I know that this is a long shot that you will read this Grunt, but I guess you did not get a Busa since your last post was so long ago.

Poor man, you probably got the BMW or FJR.

Poor Poor man.

Never to know the exhileration/ acceleration of the Busa. :rofl:

Back