Catholic Priests Strike again!

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15053535/?GT1=8618

I don't know... something about priests embezzling 8.6 million dollars and squandering it. nothing but more fuel for the church haters fire. not like other businesses don't suffer million dollar embezzelments and lesser internal crimes, but church based ones are way more sensational.... since businesses are SUPPOSED to make tons of money at all costs - people expendable.... but the poor catholics always get bad press. my church doesn't make enough money to rob from... yeah, the preachers have decent cars, just like me, and just like everyone I work with, but 8.6 MILLION? ? ? What ARE your morals based on, Mr. "Leading the sheep astray" priest? ? Shame on thier accountants. Maybe it IS time to change the slogan on money to: "In cash we trust"

and still a Parishioner stands by him....

“You can’t judge because you haven’t walked in their shoes,â€￾ Kopins said.

its either the catholics or episcopal church with the gay bishop news in the headlines all the time.

(MrGxr @ Oct. 03 2006,14:24) and still a Parishioner stands by him....

“You can’t judge because you haven’t walked in their shoes,â€￾ Kopins said.
he. yeah okay. should we use that for excuse for every serial killer, rapist, molester also? why oh why do I ever click on news links? Maybe I can have that fixed?

I'm not a Catholic, so I'm going to hell, so I can't comment on this post.

But when it comes to hell, I'm certain I'll be meeting most of my friends (and a large proportion of the Catholic flock) there...
smile.gif

(DAB @ Oct. 03 2006,19:41) I'm not a Catholic, so I'm going to hell, so I can't comment on this post.

But when it comes to hell, I'm certain I'll be meeting most of my friends (and a large proportion of the Catholic flock) there...  
smile.gif
I'll have a beer with you.

I really despise organized religion. Note, I do NOT hate people who are believers in their various deities! Organized religion, on the other hand, is morally reprehensible.

I'll shut up now.

--Wag--

I know what you mean wag, but not all organized religion is like that. And according to the news, it's mostly just catholics. But many humans make mistakes... even in the non religous world... where I guess it is okay due to lack of moral compass.

I gotta wonder what catholics REALLY believe anyway? I've been to a number of their services and derived NOTHING out of it. A bunch of repetitions followed with reading obscurely written phrases that make no sense and are not explained. I'd rather watch TV, and that is pretty sad.

My church pulls some pretty good cash I am sure, but they APPLY IT to the community and peoples all the time and are always looking for more ways to help.

I've seen many catholics hear speak up against the catholic religion.... any here that can point out the good parts?

(DAB @ Oct. 03 2006,18:41) I'm not a Catholic, so I'm going to hell, so I can't comment on this post.

smile.gif
This Atheist will see you there...
We'll finally have that beer.

(WWJD @ Oct. 03 2006,14:10) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15053535/?GT1=8618

I don't know... something about priests embezzling 8.6 million dollars and squandering it.  nothing but more fuel for the church haters fire.  not like other businesses don't suffer million dollar embezzelments and lesser internal crimes,  but church based ones are way more sensational.... since businesses are SUPPOSED to make tons of money at all costs - people expendable.... but the poor catholics always get bad press.  my church doesn't make enough money to rob from... yeah, the preachers have decent cars, just like me, and just like everyone I work with, but 8.6 MILLION? ? ?    What ARE your morals based on, Mr. "Leading the sheep astray" priest? ?  Shame on thier accountants.  Maybe it IS time to change the slogan on money to:   "In cash we trust"
shoot - I'm Catholic AND Republican.

This just ain't my week.

(Projekt @ Oct. 04 2006,11:04)
(DAB @ Oct. 03 2006,18:41) I'm not a Catholic, so I'm going to hell, so I can't comment on this post.

smile.gif
If you are an atheist, I'd assume you don't beleive in heaven and hell.
You might want to have that beer before you go.

WWJD, you're right, of course.  I hate it most when I let my anger get ahold of me.

You know my story.  I won't bore you with it again here.

I should say that all too many religious organizations rip off the poor and they do it with a smile as they take their last dime.

Sadly, we hear more about the rats in the sewers than we hear about the good things which are done by many many good people.  I should be less hasty in anger to be too general with such comments.

I suppose the reason it really ticks me off is that religion is always claiming to be the saving grace for mankind. It's just a double whammy, I guess, to think that people put their trust in a guy who claims to be godly and he really turns out to be satanic, as it were.

Since I don't believe in heaven or hell, I'll take that beer now, of course. AND, I wanna see that guy get his just punishment NOW and not have to wait until the end of his worthless life.

--Wag--

(motorkar @ Oct. 04 2006,11:47)
(Projekt @ Oct. 04 2006,11:04)

smile.gif
If you are an atheist, I'd assume you don't beleive in heaven and hell.  
You might want to have that beer before you go.
Yes I am.
No I don't.
Beer gives me gut problems.
I was illustrating a perspective that people of faith would have towards me. That is, of a Heretic and infidel whom would end up in the Hell of the faithful...
I'll take a Vodka Martini actually, with two pimento olives.
Shaken not Sturred... Just like James Bond..

(Wag @ Oct. 04 2006,19:48) WWJD, you're right, of course.  I hate it most when I let my anger get ahold of me.

I should say that all too many religious organizations rip off the poor and they do it with a smile as they take their last dime.

Sadly, we hear more about the rats in the sewers than we hear about the good things which are done by many many good people.  I should be less hasty in anger to be too general with such comments.

I suppose the reason it really ticks me off is that religion is always claiming to be the saving grace for mankind.  It's just a double whammy, I guess, to think that people put their trust in a guy who claims to be godly and he really turns out to be satanic, as it were.

Since I don't believe in heaven or hell, I'll take that beer now, of course.  AND, I wanna see that guy get his just punishment NOW and not have to wait until the end of his worthless life.

--Wag--
Where do you wanna have that beer? With Mr Gxr and maybe me some day in New Mexico.

(Projekt @ Oct. 04 2006,22:15)
(Wag @ Oct. 04 2006,19:48) WWJD, you're right, of course.  I hate it most when I let my anger get ahold of me.

I suppose the reason it really ticks me off is that religion is always claiming to be the saving grace for mankind.  It's just a double whammy, I guess, to think that people put their trust in a guy who claims to be godly and he really turns out to be satanic, as it were.

Since I don't believe in heaven or hell, I'll take that beer now, of course.  AND, I wanna see that guy get his just punishment NOW and not have to wait until the end of his worthless life.

--Wag--
Where do you wanna have that beer? With Mr Gxr and maybe me some day in New Mexico.
Yeah, let's get together.

Whenever you're ready. (I'm outta town next week, though, so it'll have to be after that.)

--Wag--

Back