CAT HANGS UNDER SUV 70 MILES

ROACH

Registered
VOORHEES, N.J. -- Driving down the New Jersey Turnpike can be scary enough. But imagine doing it clinging to the drive train of an SUV.

That was how a gray-and-white domestic shorthair cat traveled for 70 miles before being rescued.

The driver was going down the turnpike from Newark to Cherry Hill two days before Christmas when another driver spotted the cat through the wheel well.

The driver took the frightened feline into the Animal Welfare Association in Voorhees.

The association's director speculated that the cat was warming up near the engine when the driver took off.

The cat's paws were burned, a claw was missing and its fur was singed. But otherwise it's OK.

The shelter has named the cat "Miracle" and hopes to find someone who will adopt it and keep it inside

Poor guy...tough though!
smile.gif

Cats are tough...I had one that went missing for 3 weeks...I looked for him for the first week, then figured he was a goner and gave up...

Neighbors call me when they got back from a month in FL...I didn't know they were even gone...well, seems my cat got stuck on their porch, no food, no water and he survived for 3 WEEKS. There was plenty of evidence of him trying to get out, ruined their screens, tore up the area rug...he was so frail when I went to get him, but he plumped back up in no time...

...found him dead under our shed summer '04...looked like something got him and tore him to shreds, so, he used up a LOT of lives locked on that porch for 3 weeks...poor guy...
sad.gif
He was a cool cat...

Cat's are pretty amazing creatures, and by far my favorite pet.

This one has been keeping my family company for over 16 years!

Callie_sm.jpg

I've seen the same thing twice. Once was a rabit that rolled out from underneth a van doing 50 onto the road only to take a quick look around (after he stoped rolling) and then just casually loap off the road. The other was a cat I thought was a trashbag caught in the undercarrage. It was trying to put a foot down I guess. Can you say road rash! When the van stoped for a stop sign it got off the frame and hobbled away. I should have stopped and put that one out of it's misery but I couldn't stop laughing and I think he deserved a chance.

I grew up with cats and dogs both, while I still really like dogs, I have allways found cats to be far more interesting. I appreciate their independance, their cleverness, and their overall attitudes. I just don't feel the need to be Lord and master over an animal, I prefer cats for this reason. They listen... sometimes. Hell the little one plays fetch better than any dog I've had, and with all their quirks and weirdness (The Big one, Hestia joins me in the shower) they just continue to interest me more than dogs. Three have proven to be highly entertaining as well... Having lots of fun.

He he he... Check out the full body "bed head"
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136619051 -->

IMG_1563sml.jpg

And just look at the Intelligent expression...
laugh.gif

Anyhoo, I do dig cats, they just tend to be far less hassle.

IMG_1578sml.jpg

I've seen the same thing twice. Once was a rabit that rolled out from underneth a van doing 50 onto the road only to take a quick look around (after he stoped rolling) and then just casually loap off the road. The other was a cat I thought was a trashbag caught in the undercarrage. It was trying to put a foot down I guess. Can you say road rash! When the van stoped for a stop sign it got off the frame and hobbled away. I should have stopped and put that one out of it's misery but I couldn't stop laughing and I think he deserved a chance.
couldnt stop laughing? you get enjoyment from watching animals suffer?

Back