Cast Iron Rotors vs Stainless Steel Rotors

@ROADTOAD1340 has iron rotors on his gen2, and he speaks highly of them.
As Six mentions , a couple of riders on here like myself , run the ductile iron rotors , Braketech make . The ductile iron is new tech compared to the old iron rotors used on example old Ducatis etc. The ductile iron is still ideally recommended to use organic pads , ceramic , but I have run a scintered pad with these Brakeechs .
Both my Busa and Kawasaki currently sport the 330mm iron rotors , though they are heavy compared to a lot of disc options , and compared to the stockers .
Recently scored a set of Brembo T drive 320mm for the Kawasaki (yet to fit and try them out ) in stainless . These are lighter than the Braketechs , but heavier than the stock petal 310mm rotors .
The ductille rotors are prone to surface rust when left wet , but next ride cleans them up . The bite of the 330mm dinner plates , along with good calipers etc. is something to experience , but I am currently fixated on reducing unsprung weight off the Zed14 , and still thinking about going for some even more super light rotor setup .

anyone loking to upgrade brakes... GET WITH TOAD.... he inspired my GP4RX nickel plated brembos and corsa corta master cylinder... works great! a few thousand bucks by the time its buttoned up/ lines run/ good pads installed. I wasnt even gonna do a brake upgarde beyond a master cylinder/ good pads at first. Im glad i did.
I am glad I was of some help bro , because if any Gen 1 I can think of that is screaming out for good brakes , is your Ultra Class Turbo monster . Certainly a fella that appreciates the fast lane with both the king hit bike and the beautiful Corvette , choice ride and drive ownership .

Saw these out in the wild in Gainesville yesterday

received_1176999976272799.jpeg

received_931416917822437.jpeg

nice to see the post I'm looking for sometime now. I'm running with Beringer and the braking is super good during hot weather but its suck to max during wet weather. during wet weather the braking not effective

im using cast iron.

SEAN0344.jpg

SEAN0348.jpg

nice to see the post I'm looking for sometime now. I'm running with Beringer and the braking is super good during hot weather but its suck to max during wet weather. during wet weather the braking not effective

im using cast iron.

View attachment 1681518

View attachment 1681519
They look light but the constant rust would drive me crazy and make them not worth having on my bike in my opinion...

Those rotors have no holes to help remove gas from the heat and water from the roads.
Which brake pads are you using?
Also, your front suspension is set too soft, as the forks are bottoming out(the ziptie on the fork leg is at the bottom), so you have excessive brake dive in the front.

Back