casper to orlando and back

red1100cc

Registered
the weather is turnin crummy, time to plan my next trip. i need to be in orlando fl. next may for an NCOM convention. i just bought my brand new 07 busa last june. full 4 yr warranty. totally stock. lookin at the map its about a 6000mi ride. gonna have to spend a few days in Orlando for the conference, but then i would like to ride to key west, camp out and have some key lime pie. aint my 1st rodeo, but.... 1st time tourin on the busa. want to do a few mods, windshield, and race rails w/ some place to rest me feet, and an mp3 w/speakers. i always travel with a kit that includes a tent, hammock, -10 bedroll, rain gear, warm coveralls, clothes, toiletries, 2 pistols (1-22 revolver & 45/410 dbl drl pistol), and a credit card. hope to save a little $ and stay with friends along the way. 3-4 days there, 4-? days back.

any advice?

anyone want to go with?

:welcome:

got a few months to plan.:beerchug:

I was just talking to my friend about riding to the keys and camping. Let me know when you are going next year and we can all possibly ride out together. I am south of Orlando.

I might make the trip to the keys if you come on the west coast of FL. Have to talk the wiffe into it
Posted via Mobile Device

gettin closer.:cheerleader: im sittin here with a cool glass of Ouzo (ok its warm, and in a cheep 07 Sturgis shot glass, hay its almost 4 in the morning.) ponderin places to see while in in Florida.(zat spelled right? Florida..flow rita...FloorIda...Florida. yea, spell checher says thats the one.) i've talked my buddy Don? yea Don aka MadDog, yea lets stick with MadDog an his ol lady 20/20..yea i know its funny(rolling on the floor smilie should be here but i exceeded my smilie whatchamajigger) MAdDog 20/20. actually we only call MadDog by his "roadname" but his ol lady is Amy to me and about everyone else...BUT...not like that matters cuz she aint cummin.:snap:(lol smilies are cool.)
I'VE got a list of stuff i gotta do on this trip, incomplete but a start. lots of ground between casper and the end of the road.
Depending on the weather, we roll out 1st of may/ or 28-30th of April. Probably roll to Albuquerque, eather just say hi, and/or drop off a haul rig(if im facein lots of snow in Wy/Co , we trailer to warm weather.) then cruz to New Orleans, long day., and ride the coast to Hermosa springs Florida, over to Orlando for the NCOM conference, then down to the keys.
and that the first i wanna go to the end of the road and get a piture of my bike with the buoy thing.
i wanna go to the NASA Cape Canaveral museum.
mel fishers treasure museum.
coral castle.
and i want to go camp on the beach for a few days, go swimmin, snoekelin, run up and down the beach in the moonlight 3/4 drunk on burbon, swing in a hammock and watch the sun come up over the ocean (never done that, lifetime dream!), what the heck is a clam bake anyway? isnt that what you eat when camping on an ocean beach? i wanna do that!
gotta eat some gator, maybe buy some leather. a dundee crokleather vest would be :rofl:
cool?!? yea i'd wear it.

where is a good place to camp?where we can i just roll in and get a spot on the beach where we can camp and hang a hammock maybe light a fire and do a little drinkin!? or do i have to "make reservations"? (i hate that, never know where the road is gonna lead me where!)

oh yea, i guess MadDogs sister lives "somewhere in Florida." gotta stop and see her.

im also lookin for any hotsprings campgrounds between here an there, love the hotspring. no better cure for an achein biker body :banana: oh yea, dancin banana!

and after much dreaming i/we (wow i guess its a we now with MadDog) are going to hit the DRAGON. east to west, maybe the loop? camp around there, get a motel, i donno yet.

well brothers and sisters.................im planning a 5000mileish trip..longest ive ever done, i plan on haveing around $1500 to do it with (i've got a card with $$emergency$$, but i want to do it on $1500 a person.( heck the gas is gonna run $500-$700.)

WOO OO BURP, that Ouzo was warm!:devil::alien: wheres the green barfy face? thats ok i am kinda green and smilin after that shot....WHEEW ist gettin warm in here!:firedevil:

well there ya go for know. i kneed your help (cousin Nile works at a DOughnut shop, get it need, knead.need..:drinka: sorry.) to create the most wow trip of a lifetime! im even thinkin of goin to a gem mine for a day on the way home. go play in the dirt and find a cool rock.

i know alot of yall look at post and dont comment, please do, really, common brothers and sisiters, i/we need your imput. i don't know if i'm going to be able to make a trip like this ever again.......please help me make it the trip of a lifetime. (w0w,i almost got serious there, TY oOo Ouzo. :beerchug:

(i just spent an hour typein somethin that takes 30 sec to read)
have a good day yall

Russ red
"i like to ride."

Russ Reddick aka red1100cc

Last edited by a moderator:
i know alot of yall look at post and dont comment, please do, really, common brothers and sisiters, i/we need your imput. i don't know if i'm going to be able to make a trip like this ever again......

Rule #1 - Don't drink and ride... ???

Good luck with your trip.

the weather is turnin crummy, time to plan my next trip. i need to be in orlando fl. next may for an NCOM convention. i just bought my brand new 07 busa last june. full 4 yr warranty. totally stock. lookin at the map its about a 6000mi ride. gonna have to spend a few days in Orlando for the conference, but then i would like to ride to key west, camp out and have some key lime pie. aint my 1st rodeo, but.... 1st time tourin on the busa. want to do a few mods, windshield, and race rails w/ some place to rest me feet, and an mp3 w/speakers. i always travel with a kit that includes a tent, hammock, -10 bedroll, rain gear, warm coveralls, clothes, toiletries, 2 pistols (1-22 revolver & 45/410 dbl drl pistol), and a credit card. hope to save a little $ and stay with friends along the way. 3-4 days there, 4-? days back.

any advice?

anyone want to go with?

:welcome:

got a few months to plan.:beerchug:

I will be at that NCOM meeting in May...Thinking it's Mother's Day weekend correct? My Club has 2 chapters down there and I will be stayng with them. Planning on riding down, just not sure if i'll be on the Busa or one of my harleys..
Hope to see and meet you there.

Sounds like you'll have some good times. I loved it when I lived in Florida. It is a whole other world down there!!:thumbsup:

Back