Cash for Clunkers, Results are finally in!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Cash for Clunkers has shown positive results!

It took 85% of the Obama bumper stickers off the streets!

:rofl:

another failed attempt at gov interference in a system that has to be left to it's own devices. I prefer the swim or sink strategy. Build and price what people want and can afford. 25k for a car? Not even a loaded out car.
Mustangs and Camaros, 30k and up? I hope they eat them.
40k to 50k for a pickup? No wonder the system collapsed.

Just wait for all them cars and trucks to flood the market from repo's . When the idiot's that bought them relize they couldn't afford them in the first place but sounded like they was getting something for nothing .....

On a more real note, anaysts believe that as much as 80% of the cars sold under cash for clunckers woud have sold in 2009 anyway if the program had not been introduced. $3,000,000,000 to increase car sales by 20% seems a bit steep. It also moved 4th quarter car sales into the 3rd quarter artificialy inflating the economic growth reported in that quarter. Of course the White House disputes those reports.

There were far more than just Obama supporters running out and buying cars under this deal. I know a few hardline Conservatives that went & traded in their heaps .......................

:whistle:

There were far more than just Obama supporters running out and buying cars under this deal. I know a few hardline Conservatives that went & traded in their heaps .......................

:whistle:

Not about who did it . My feeling is that you cant make a loan to get out of debt and that is excatly what the Goverment did . You dont just keep making more debt to fix what is already there . If it was me I would have put some kind of cap on the prices of new cars you going to tell me it takes 50000 dollars to build a F250 dually I dont think so its just about getting rich off of the consumer as always ..

another failed attempt at gov interference in a system that has to be left to it's own devices. I prefer the swim or sink strategy. Build and price what people want and can afford. 25k for a car? Not even a loaded out car.
Mustangs and Camaros, 30k and up? I hope they eat them.
40k to 50k for a pickup? No wonder the system collapsed.

they did build what we wanted.....

for all the eco crap they get about building the high dollar gas guzzling SUV and truck, the fact is we wanted them and we bought them.

people were buying all of them.

... and we are paying for that cash for clunker program in our dealership, business is very slow in the last two months, what the program did for us killing our business for the next 6 to 7 months or more, every one was in market to buy already bought.
thanks!:moon:

Cash for Clunkers has shown positive results!

It took 85% of the Obama bumper stickers off the streets!

:rofl:

haha wait a min... wouldnt it be the other way around???

Obama people dont drive american cars...they buy volvos and toyotas!
obama%20car%202.jpg

THIS truck would have a bush sticker on it ;)

sonnywilke2.jpg

LOVE YA STEVEN! :p

On a more serious note, I heard on one of the news stations that the Cash for Clunkers program cost taxpayers $24,000 per clunker. Anyone know if this is true? I understand they took in just over 100,000 cars?

On a more serious note, I heard on one of the news stations that the Cash for Clunkers program cost taxpayers $24,000 per clunker. Anyone know if this is true? I understand they took in just over 100,000 cars?

yes, i believe those number came fro JD Power.....not the White House, or other political organization.

yup, true indeed... and I want my money back.

Back