Carpet installed today

its real hard to beleive they would walk out the door with the carpet looking like that, any chance youused a credit card, do a fraud if you can, they obviously didnt do what you paid them to do?

today's update:

They told us to fug ourselves.

Dings in the moulding are normal (it's supposedly in the paperwork)

The carpet came up to the edge of the step.

I should remove the door and replace the whether stripping.

Hey Mikey !!

If you play your cards right dude you might get a new house out of this!!

Sue for not only physical damages, but mental anguish and damage.

Work it!! work it!!

biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I would have someone’s a$$!!! for that crap, that is total B.S.!!!
I don't think this is like finding a cockroach in your twinkie.
ices_rofl.gif
thats the stuff! ... ~crunch

sounds like BS to me. A job should never be left looking like that, with that type of damage.

Fight them like crazy, they will give in if you are persistant.

Next time, find a local guy with a good reputation......
I did not get the lowest price on my last carpet job, but I did get an exellent install.

<!--EDIT|Glyn
Reason for Edit: "can't spell"|1088249165 -->

Many moons ago I installed carpet for a few months...we used to carry around carpeted blocks of 4x4 to keep the stretcher foor from doing that to the base moldings. That's just crappy work, plain and simple.

Home Depot did the same to me. They "sub" their work out, so its hit-or-miss with them.

sometimes youre better with an independant shop. Home depot blows at service. A friend of mine does sub work for them and he has to cut a lot of corners to make a buck. using there subs is almost as bad as finding a plumber out of the phone book! sorry mike not trying to play monday morning qb.

Back