Carnells in the UK ?

OB_DangerMouse

Registered
Pooh, I missed out on the KRC Silverstone trackday - all booked!

I've booked Snetterton Friday the 21st of July with TDT, Snetters should be the ultimate Busa trackday with that almost mile long backstraight!

Checkout www.uktrackdays.co.uk for details!

Spotted someone warning against buying from Carnells.. are they really that bad..Just about to advise a mate to buy from em..wot happened?

all these people buying their Busas for £7000 OTR. I bought mine in april'99 for £7700, irang Carnells and they wouldn't even talk to me about doing a deal 'cos they didn't have to deal 'cos everyone wanted them. Still I think it was still relativley cheap looking at todays OTR price.

Bought my '99 from Carnell in London, no problems at all... good value @ £7000 and included in that is depreciation insurance.

The only snag was my hump took 2 months to arrive.

Carnells will always strike a good deal and genuinely beat anyones price, unlike Motorcycle City who promise to do that and then fail to deliver.

Like Pooh I bought my 99 for £7000 when Busa's were scarce and were getting over that second hand!

Hey DM, we never did manage to get the same trackday!, I've got Snetterton on the 11th June and then hope to go on the KRC Silverstone GP circuit in July....whattaboutit??

Oh where do you want me to start???

I think you'll find that the lil'old whinger about Carnell was me!!!!

If you want to know the problems and have got half a day, E mail me
I too got my '99 Busa for £7000 all bar £1
Lovely bike, shame about the company.
Still waiting for waranty work agreed on at time of purchase.
Had the bike since 1/3/00
My mate bought his 00 Busa there too
He has had similar problems
Another mate bought his Kawasaki there
MAJOR problems
This might just be isolated to the MiltonKeyenes branch, but everyone I know who has had dealings with them have horror stories to tell. Problem is you never start asking until things start happening to you!!

My advice...Its worth the extra £800 to get peace of mind.
Did not Ride mag find Carnell MK the worst dealer in '99?? I'm sure I heard that somewhere.
If you want to know more leave your Mail address!!

Stay Safe
NumbNuts
6500 miles.................

I think with the volume of cutomers that both Carnells and City have each year, there are bound to be some bad reports along the way. Personally, if i was offered a good deal from either I would probably buy from them. However, I would avoid any maintenance care contacts with them, as you wil be tied into servicing at Carnells, which you may not want.

Dont be put off by your friend, however, you may find you can get a better price at one of the smaller bike dealers, i did.

mm1

I think you are right. With a new bike you can't go wrong, but just don't let them "service" it.
Cosmetics can be fixed after you sign the deal.

2nd hand bikes is a different matter.

Stay Safe

NumbNuts

Nygie, I'm surprised, I bought mine July 99, no problem getting a deal.

My mate got a new ZX9 at the same time £6500 OTR with 0% finance!

I know this reply is late, in the scheme of things, but the general concensus is 'Yeh, Carnells do screw the price down' but what then.. Servicing the bike is important, and Carnell don't service to the manufacturers specification. They do their own thing. I had a 'nose to nose' with the Milton Keynes service manager over this issue. He could not see that his engineers (term used Very loosely!!) were doing anything wrong with their servicing!!?. I know plenty about machines and their servicing requirments, and I know that Suzuki specified a servicing schedule for a reason.

Nuff said!!

SuicideJockey

You have had words with Trevor too??
I had him on the phone today, asking where my replacement fuel tank was (waranty still after 14 weeks!!) he was saying Honda said this, Honda are doing that, I said that ain't much good is it, MINES A FUC*ING SUZUKI!! and he's the bloody workshop manager!!
Ever had a run in with that sales guy, paul?. Tried to convince me that the only difference between 99 and 00 models is the paint work. I have Busa.ORG boards to thank for winning that one!
They still owe me ...
1 tank fuel
6 mths road tax
lower front fairing
headlight
fuel tank
All from day one, 23.2.00...still waiting

Stay Safe

NumbNuts

NumbN.

All this is starting to scare me!! Honda = Suzuki .. heaven help us if that is ever the case!!!!

Lucky ( I hope) I bought from Carnell Grimsby . Wonder if this is all down to MK's dross management or what. I heard Grimsby is good and Doncaster is terrible and that came from the Carnell Sales dept! How did they end up owing u 6 months tax?

On an entirely different theme . Wot is the difference between a '99 and a '00?

Eurodat
There is lots of posts on it,
quick list off top of my head
Clutch
Shift mech
Oil Catch tank
Air box
colours
BNG as JohnnyCheese calls them (bold New graphics)
Ignition timing, therefore I would presume cams and ECU's
There must be more....anyone else help out?

Personally, I would rather spend the extra £800 I saved and go somewhere where I would get proper customer service and know that my bike is serviced properly.
For the 7500 mile service, (500 to go) I'm going to try TTS. the manual states qualified mechanic. I'm pretty sure they are!!!
an addition to answer your origional post...
sales specifically told me 1 years Road fund License. It only came with 6. Promised me tank of fuel. 30 secs after turning it on after being delivered it ran out....the list is scary!!
Stay Safe

NumbNuts

[This message has been edited by NumbNuts (edited 05 June 2000).]

Numbnuts

There are some other mods to the 99 and 00 that you missed. The oil sight glass is in a different place to prevent over filling. Apparently the 'engineers' were filling the oil to the middle of the sightglass and causing the engine to blow excess oil into the air filter and obviuosly clogging it up.
Also there are fairing support braces fitted, and some routing of hoses to prevent overflows spilling onto the rear wheel.

As for prices of bikes, I screwed a local dealer down to £7100 for a 00 model and a not-so-local-dealer down to £6400 for a R/B 99 model. In the end I managed to pay £5900 for a R/B 99 model with 2K on the clock and less that 6 months old....Bargain!!

Play safe

SuicideJockey.

Back