final design.
Final mold.

P1010985.jpg

P1010986.jpg

P1010987.jpg

How do they fit?

P1010988.jpg

P1010990.jpg

That looks good....very good! Can you post a picture of it from the top...looking into the "trunk" area?

That looks good....very good!  Can you post a picture of it from the top...looking into the "trunk" area?
They are only cosmetic finished. I am adding another piece to the inside, THEN it will be finished build wise. I will then do pictures from the inside view.

Inside will be painted black and entire part will be clearcoated before it is truly FINISHED.

In case anyone wonders what I go through to make a part.

1st mold
P1010950.jpg

P10109631.jpg

2nd mold
P1010983.jpg

3rd mold (final mold)
P1010987.jpg

I have heard people in the past accuse others of ripping off designs, I wonder why I endure so many molds to rip off someone else's part? I guess the truth is now documented. Ripping someone off is easy, making a better mousetrap, takes some effort.

Those are gonna be sweet when you finally get them in production.

Those are gonna be sweet when you finally get them in production.
limiting carbon ones to 20 pieces. Might even give them serial numbers, dunno if its worth the hassle though.

fiberglass units,well....they will fit. Pricing will be competitive. I think that's 2 statements above and beyond their competition already.

Pricing will come once parts are avialable, board is paid so I can advertise properly and I am ready. Right now I am merely trying to encourage people to venture into the joys of building their own parts.

Do they just use the stock tail light? That looks nice. I like that you dont lose all your trunk space. I'd be interested when they are in production...don't know for sure that I would need a carbon fiber unit.

Do they just use the stock tail light? That looks nice. I like that you dont lose all your trunk space. I'd be interested when they are in production...don't know for sure that I would need a carbon fiber unit.
carbon fiber is not for everyone, plus its expensive. Fiberglass units can be made 4 times faster and 4 times cheaper. I just want to get a perfect base down first. I think I have accomplished just that. They are designed to use a modded version of the stock tail light. If you have a dremmel you can easily mod them to allow the complete tail light assembly.

Looks nice, that is kind of what I wanted to do to the "MH" undertails. I liked the look, but I do not want to give up trunk space.

Nice work.

Do you have to vac bag the CF??? I know the frp ones you can just roll, but not sure how the CF ones work....

Looks nice, that is kind of what I wanted to do to the "MH" undertails.  I liked the look, but I do not want to give up trunk space.

Nice work.

Do you have to vac bag the CF???  I know the frp ones you can just roll, but not sure how the CF ones work....
cf is bagged and autoclaved.

fiberglass is made much differently, BUT

you can bag fiberglass use a very similar process as carbon fiber.

Wow Gary! Looks great, I have a whole level higher of respect for you now!
laugh.gif

J/k, I could't resist.....
whistling.gif

Back