Car guys, where ya at?!?

Boosted Cycle Perf

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
I know a lot of us bike guys like cars too, and probably have some cool projects, or daily drivers. Figure I'd start a thread so we can show of our other pride and joys!

Here's mine. It's a 93 mustang LX. Still a work in progress, as I bought it as a roller. Has a built 8.8 with a 31 splined ford racing carrier, strange axles, c-clip eliminators, adjustable upper and lower control arms, and 5 lug conversion.

Front end has a tubular k member, and a arms with strange 10 way adjustable shocks, coil overs, camber caster plates, bump steer kit, and manual rack. Car also has 15x3.5 and 15x10 dark star wheels with MT 275 drag radials on the rears.

As far as the engine and trans goes...it's getting an iron block LS1... With a Neal chance turbo 400. It will be fuel injected, and I'm running a Holly EFI HP system, on E85 fuel. Car will also be full weight, and have ac.

Oh and almost forgot, it's getting a little baby turbo just to bump the power up a little... :laugh:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not bad. I have a 1990 s10, I have been researching on a 5.3/4l60e swap along with a newer s10 blazer axle for 4 wheel disc. When did they make an ls iron block?

Not bad. I have a 1990 s10, I have been researching on a 5.3/4l60e swap along with a newer s10 blazer axle for 4 wheel disc. When did they make an ls iron block?

Very nice, we have a few of those running around down here in Houston. Iron block ls engines are actually called LQ engines. An LQ4 is a 4.8/5.3 displacement engines, while the LQ9 is the 6.0. All those engines came in the 99 on up Chevy trucks. Everything as far as block dimensions are the same to their aluminum block counterparts. Everything that fits in an LS 1,2,6 and 9 fit on/in the LQ blocks. Best part about the LQ engines is they can usually be had complete with harness, accessories, and ecu from the junk yard for around $500. The 6.0 is usually a few hundred more.

Wow, that's a man sized project right there. Mine's just a GT/CS stocker...

Mustang001.jpg

Mustang006.jpg

Thanks! It's just a budget build I've been buying parts for here and there. Something else to do I guess. Something for the GF and I to toss the dog in and go for a cruise.

I love the new coyotes! And you can't not like the aggressiveness of the recent mustangs. Very nice cars for sure.

Mustang001.jpg

Mustang006.jpg

Was really into the German luxo-sedans a while back when I took a break from the bikes;this record still stands as the quickest/fastest bonestock W211 E63 AMG to this day;)

» First stock Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG runs 11?s in the 1/4 mile - DragTimes.com Drag Racing, Fast Cars, Muscle Cars Blog

Don't have anything worthwhile to talk about in the garage with 4 wheels currently lol

Those are very nice. I always love driving high end luxury cars. They have what I call "luxury power". Like an 800hp amg is totally different then say 800hp in my foxbody. While the amg is nice, smooth, quiet, goes straight wide open, a foxbody is loud, gotta fight to keep it out of the ditch and rides like crap. Both totally different, but fun in their own regards.

Last edited:
Very nice, we have a few of those running around down here in Houston. Iron block ls engines are actually called LQ engines. An LQ4 is a 4.8/5.3 displacement engines, while the LQ9 is the 6.0. All those engines came in the 99 on up Chevy trucks. Everything as far as block dimensions are the same to their aluminum block counterparts. Everything that fits in an LS 1,2,6 and 9 fit on/in the LQ blocks. Best part about the LQ engines is they can usually be had complete with harness, accessories, and ecu from the junk yard for around $500. The 6.0 is usually a few hundred more.

Yea that's what I thought you meant, up here they are just known as vortec motors. I have 3 books on these ls motors and they are amazing. When I do the swap I think I'm switching to the ls6 heads, intake and cam. I might have to call you up when the time comes because up here the price jumped up to around $1000 for a pull out like that.

Those are very nice. I always love driving high end luxury cars. They have what I call "luxury power". Like an 800hp amg is totally different then say 800hp in my foxbody. While the amg is nice, smooth, quiet, goes straight wide open, a foxbody is loud, gotta fight to keep it out of the ditch and rides like crap. Both totally different, but fun in their own regards.
I surprised many unsuspecting people with that car,it was de-badged so it looked just like any old E-Class. I've always loved Fox bodys,especially the notchbacks...I had a immaculate '92 LX 5.0 LTD back in the day,the bright red w the white interior&white convertible top...but my wife(GF at the tine) basically claimed it as hers and well,that was that:laugh:

Yea that's what I thought you meant, up here they are just known as vortec motors. I have 3 books on these ls motors and they are amazing. When I do the swap I think I'm switching to the ls6 heads, intake and cam. I might have to call you up when the time comes because up here the price jumped up to around $1000 for a pull out like that.

Yeah for sure!

At ls fest a guy went 8.80s on a stock bottom end 4.8 with boost in a 70 nova. Crazy how much power they can handle, and for very long periods of time.

Yeah for sure!

At ls fest a guy went 8.80s on a stock bottom end 4.8 with boost in a 70 nova. Crazy how much power they can handle, and for very long periods of time.

Yup they are crazy. Its a little expensive for the first setup but after that if you have a problem its as cheap as the old sbcs. You know of anyone down there that can rewire a stock harness and remove the VATS for cheap?

I'll let you know in a few weeks. One of my costumers whose bike I did one of our wiring systems on asked me if I could modify, and then wire 2 of his cars he's doing ls swaps in to. A 69 camaro, and a c4 vette. Shouldn't be a big deal, I just had to build a harness and install it in to an heads, cam, intake ls3 swapped 65 mustang for another local shop. Came out nice.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'll let you know in a few weeks. One of my costumers whose bike I did one of our wiring systems on asked me if I could modify, and then wire 2 of his cars he's doing ls swaps in to. A 69 camaro, and a c4 vette. Shouldn't be a big deal, I just had to build a harness and install it in to an heads, cam, intake ls3 swapped 65 mustang for another local shop. Came out nice.

Now that looks nice. See what happens when you become a site sponsor and open your mouth about the skills you have :laugh:

Everyone on the interwebs has always known me as a wiring guy, that was really what brought me in to the spotlight. Then instead of people bringing me unfinished bikes to wire and finish, I just started doing complete builds in house to keep the same quality through out the entire bike. :D

Last edited:
I use to go back and forth between cars and bikes but have stuck with the bike lately. Just don't have the time to do another car even though the wife wants the bike gone now that we've got kids. Been looking for something to tinker with if I did sell but just haven't been excited about much on 4-wheels lately... :(

Have had a few stangs '93 LX 5.0, 2-'97 Cobra's, '03 Cobra, Lightning, etc. Been looking at 996/997TT, Viper, GTR's, etc.....

New wheels/tires for the Viper! F-18x11 295/30,R-18x13 335/30 oz racing wheels with Toyo r888 track/Competetion tires, can you say sticky,lol, should last 7k miles hopefully, damn dot approved racing tire

20131212_135230_zpssfasyfcv.jpg
20131212_134742_zpseodwbald.jpg

What it will look like
20131212_143806_zps8jwy6078.jpg

Waiting on rear end gear, corsa exhaust and some other goodies

20131212_135230_zpssfasyfcv.jpg

20131212_134742_zpseodwbald.jpg

20131212_143806_zps8jwy6078.jpg

Back