Can u tell if this was the original chain?? lol

braingetter

Registered
I am in the process of extending my swingarm with an extension kit I bought from ball z motorsports, and I also got galfer brake lines and a 43 tooth vortex sprocket for the rear. I intended to keep the standard 17 , but after tearing down more parts to take to powdercoat I saw one tooth broke off, so I guess i will replace that as well. I will go with a 16 tooth this time, I want more low end torque to try and keep up with them damn liter bikes from the jumpoff..I'm also getting a new airbox cuz I did the mod on mine and am not happy with loosing the low end on that mod, yes I see more top end but its not everyday when Im doing 150+ so I wont mind that at all..
Anywayz back on topic after taking off the clutch cover thingy to take off the front sprocket I saw all this debris from the chain, so it looks like its never been changed before.. Cuz if so the punk was lazy and didnt clean it up at all...Btw my bike has 20k miles on it, I bought it with 19k on it bone stock from a mature old doctor.. So i am the one doing all the mods to it to get her faster like I want it.. Tim from friendswood is going to have fun doing all my parts to powdercoat,alot of stuff from the wheels to swingarm, i'm even taking the kickstand... lol... thinking about also doing the new rear sprocet as well.. I have a new kandy job only 3 months old so I want this thing to bling this time around.. What yall think about all that debris?? Original chain imo...
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats a factory style front sprocket.
Theres no way to tell about the chain. Some things that might help give it away would be link count and the factory chain has gold outer links. Its not uncommon for our chains to last 20k miles with average riding. Ive taken them off at 15k to put a stretch on and they still had plenty of life left in them.

u can tell its a stock front sprocket because of the rubber sides, most aftermarket front sprockets have light weight holes cut in them and dont come with the rubber sides

if i recall the OG chains dont have a master link since they install the chain w/ swingarm when they are built

Back