Can I transport without cans?

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
I'm going to move my bike to a friends house tomarrow to complete work on it during the winter "seeming he has a garage."

Is it ok to run the bike without the mufflers on? I'm not talking legally or sound threshold wise or even performance for that matter, but rather mechanically.

The stock muffler cans have been removed to put on an aftermarket exhaust, but it got really cold, and I want to finish up the modification in a warm garage, he lives about 3 miles away and I was wondering if it would be ok to run it up there without having to bother to put the cans back on.

Will this cause any damage to the engine? I've herd that you can do things like suck a valve and such and I just wanted to make sure. I'm looking for those who have personal experience with this, or are bike mechanics.

Thanks!

Sure, it's Ok. It won't hurt anything for a few miles. But if you twist it up make sure your pantlegs don't catch on fire. Kinda' like a really fast HD.

David

? you could have put the new exhaust on in the time it took to post this..

especially if it's slip ons..

for that matter... what is there.. 3 nuts that hold the OEM canisters on?

how long would that take to put em' back on?

? you could have put the new exhaust on in the time it took to post this..

especially if it's slip ons..

for that matter... what is there.. 3 nuts that hold the OEM canisters on?

how long would that take to put em' back on?
Actually, it's a fullexhaust, and the new exhast removed the old mounts "passenger pegs" so it's a bit more involved .... And it's cold ;)

Back