What mods can i do?

jmasin

Registered
Hi all,

Well, I'm getting the mod itch again. I've done the fender, replaced footpegs, ZG screen is in the mail...

I have a feeling I've exhausted the < $80 mods...

I am on a budget, so can't really swing anything really pricey, which rules out something that immediately adds ~$200 for a PCIII. So, question is, what can I do that will not cause the bike to run like crud without a PCIII?

So I'm looking for ideas, looks or power (understanding I can't get much power without higher priced stuff). What are your ideas? What have some of you done?

I like the silver/grey without chrome, so that's out.

Slip ons - I'm working on trying to get some 2nd handers
Filter?
Nick's ramair tubes?

Personally, im making my own led accent lights. Its not hard at all and cheaper than buying neons or neopods.

Lots of performance mods that you can do without a PCII or III. Air filter K&N BMC flow through, ram air screens (yes even removal will give about 1/2hp),Air box, and slip-ons. You can do all of those and performance will go up slightly. When you go to major pipes or engine the you will need the PC for fine tunning and max performance.

WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN AFFORD THE UPGRADES, IF NOT YOU WILL FIND THAT YOUR MODS WILL END UP HALF DONE...

NO CHROME !!!! Get that man a doctor... What about polish??? I've got alot of comments on my stock pipes which i polished. You could also polish the frame. Those will only cost you the price of sand paper and some elbow grease. You can also check some of the other busa websites for some inexpensive mods such as drilling the baffles in your stock pipes to get a lil better sound and performance. All depends what you envision your bike to look like when its finished...

Be creative--CHROME everything including the plastic

I didnt want to spend the money for a PCIIIr so I had mine tuned with a yosh box. Worked fine for me but I've been told you can get a more precise map with a PC

Usually someone on e bay is selling those cool xenon plasma headlight bulbs on the Hayabusa listings. I've seen them for about 10 dollars. The same thing they put in high-end luxury cars.

aktion035.gif
aktion035.gif
Plasma bulbs sound good!!!
ernaehrung004.gif

aktion035.gif

Back