Can I replace just the muffler on a Voodoo exhaust system?

Gen3lover

Registered
A Voodoo shorty is a bit too loud for my taste. Can I replace just the muffler/can with something quieter without replacing the entire system?
Does it have to be a Voodoo product or could I use another brand?
I have an email in to Voodoo but no response so far.

Without seeing the system I'd guess attachment will be the issue. Consider a custom mid-pipe if you can't find a matching diameter for a slip on. Pretty sure the exhaust system wouldn't care what is attached to it but likely the AFR will change and that could be important, perhaps even critical.

Yes, my stock mid pipe fit perfect on my voodoo header. I bolted a cut D&D can to that. With that being said any slip on system (right side) should fit nicely.

Before I did this I also emailed voodoo. No help there. There only option was to order their generic mojo can and maybe it would fit. They suggested I buy a complete system again.

u can leave the header alone so incase u want to sell the full system it will be easier to do so. just have an exh shop make u a mid pipe. use can use a muffler that has a sliding muffler clamp. makes it easy to modify.

Before I did this I also emailed voodoo. No help there. There only option was to order their generic mojo can and maybe it would fit. They suggested I buy a complete system again.
I’m expecting to get the same response from them as you got. And maybe as Hayawakened pointed out, changing the can might mess with the AFR.

Just to fill out the story, I’m in the market for a used Gen 3 here in CA.
There’s a 2022 at a dealership with only 540 ( yes, 540) miles on the clock. It has a Voodoo shorty exhaust which is a bit too loud and is ugly looking IMO so I’d want to switch it out. The price is good though.
Aftermarket exhausts in CA are a no-no but the police don’t really enforce that.
The problem is getting an exhaust shipped to CA and finding a shop to install it due to the crazy emission laws out here.

It would easier (and cheaper) to buy and replace just the can but it’s looking like that might require some fabrication to get it to fit.

Here’s the link.

Last edited:
before going forward, what is your skill set. you talked about having a shop install an exhaust. so are you saying you cant install an exhaust? its fine if you cant but some of the suggestions you might get will assume you have some wrench skills. i would call voodoo and ask if you can swap the shorty for the mojo muffler if you already have a full voodoo. the headers are probably very similar.

IMG_1731.jpeg

IMG_1729.jpeg

Last edited:
before going forward, what is your skill set. you talked about having a shop install an exhaust. so are you saying you cant install an exhaust? its fine if you cant but some of the suggestions you might get will assume you have some wrench skills. i would call voodoo and ask if you can swap the shorty for the mojo muffler if you already have a full voodoo. the headers are probably very similar.

View attachment 1670375

View attachment 1670376
This might work. Replacing the can is one thing but I wouldn’t want to attempt to replace the entire system on my own.
I’d probably screw it up somehow or get stuck half way through.
Plus with work and family I don’t have the time.
I’ll give Voodoo a call tomorrow.
Good tip, thank you

Just heard back from Voodoo on this question.
FYI see below

We do not offer a quieter muffler that works with our Shorty full systems. The only thing that I can suggest is our Phantom Core that will quiet the exhaust by 4-7 db. Link below.

Accessories

Back