Can i swap ECU & fuel pump?

R4V3N

Registered
Hi Guys

im after a lil more help please...:please:

• Is it possible to put a 2005 ECU on my 1999 busa? - are there any mods to do or anything else that needs changed at the same time? (think mines pony)

• I think ive read on here before somewhere that i can upgrade from an external to a internal fuel pump and maybe there were also instructions on how to do it? (please can someone point me to that thread if so as im stuggling with the search tool).

In addition to my busa problems i swapped fuel tanks a while back and she's never been right since - i think the tank i got was off a model with an internal pump - Is there any internal difference (different mechanisms/baffels etc) in the fuel tanks (99 to 07)?

Im also confused because... am i right in thinking that the internal pump only has 1 hose?...so what do you do with the return outlet on the tank and why would a tank with an internal pump (1 hose) have another outlet?

sorry for the 101 questions - just that im at the end of my tether with the busa and desperatly don't want to get rid :(

thanks very much in advance :please:

Yes you can.
I'm looking for the threads, I thought they were pinned....but they need to be!

Any and ALL is possible when it comes 2 busa's....:whistle: the only hindrance is your bank account

When it comes 2 modding your busa Google is your friend :thumbsup:

The search engine on here is a little difficult 2 navigate, better off just googling what ur looking 4 and it will lead you back here 2 the right thread or another busa forum with the answer your looking 4

Any and ALL is possible when it comes 2 busa's....:whistle: the only hindrance is your bank account

When it comes 2 modding your busa Google is your friend :thumbsup:

The search engine on here is a little difficult 2 navigate, better off just googling what ur looking 4 and it will lead you back here 2 the right thread or another busa forum with the answer your looking 4

+1
But the org's search functions have been pretty useless for a long time.
I know there are several threads on the 32 bit upgrade, yet I can't find any of them.:beerchug:

You need to change tank to 2001>up if you want have a internal pump.
It has only one hose as the regulator is integrated in the pump assembly.

Think your issues come from clogged filters in the external pump ,and this comes from rust in the tank.
We have same issues over the ocean... :please::laugh:

thanks guys

has anyone got any pics of the underside of a fuel tank that uses an internal pump so i can compare please

Back