fuel pump and tank swap??

Bertactive

Registered
i have a 00 busa purchased with many problems solved down to the fuel pump as the 1st gens like to do. So a friend gave me an 06 tank but i clearly still need a pump my thoughts started with saving money and vaporlock issues with the internal pump setup the shortly ran to the 08-11 fuel pump will it fit in the 06 tank? newer usualy means less problems when it comes to generation and design so can someone lend some knowledge:headache:

i would think it would only get a vapor lock if the vent hose was kinked and blocked off. as far as swaping pumps i dont know ,sorry and good luck:beerchug:

Pump is out side of the tank still has original external 2000 pump just fixed hose issue which is partial to what led to pump burning up which is the reason for going internal but is the 06 pump the same as 08? Or is the 08 better and will it fit the 06 tank?

Pump is out side of the tank still has original external 2000 pump just fixed hose issue which is partial to what led to pump burning up which is the reason for going internal but is the 06 pump the same as 08? Or is the 08 better and will it fit the 06 tank?

I know that the tanks are different, and I'm not sure, but I don't think the gen2 pump will fit the gen1 tank.

talk to the supercharger guy, he's got a killer in tank setup. you'll never run out of fuel with this beast. it's a big bosch 044 iirc.

Back