Fuel Pump

R4V3N

Registered
Hi all

i have a 2001 hayabusa with a fuel pump mounted on the frame (under the tank)

The garage says i need a new pump...so can i fit a "in-tank" pump unit instead, as the tank i have is off a newer bike (i think ???).

Would this be the reason im having cut outs and my fuel level gauge not working? :banghead:

....Also where can i get a set of original fuel hoses? - don't think mine are the correct diameter

thanks very much
kev

i recently got a second hand fuel pump for my in tank 2004 busa and that was 300 dollars, new about 800... if yours is out of tank, you could use a good car pump i think..

Hi all

The garage says i need a new pump...so can i fit a "in-tank" pump unit instead, as the tank i have is off a newer bike (i think ???).

Would this be the reason im having cut outs and my fuel level gauge not working? :banghead:

....Also where can i get a set of original fuel hoses? - don't think mine are the correct diameter

thanks very much
kev

Yes, you can use an in tank pump if you have the proper tank. You will need to modify the modify the harness a little as the external pump has the connector wired to the fuel rail harness and the internal pump connects to a different location. If you do a search, someone recently completed the conversion and posted the process.

Hi all

thanks very much
kev

If someone changed out the tank,then that would be the reason your fuel gauge doesnt work. Whats in the tank now? Is the pump there? or has someone just put a plate on or something. The hose does not need to be Busa specific,in fact dont buy someones old hose,just hit the auto parts store for some hi quality hose rated for hi pressure fuel injection. You're headed for quite a bit of muckin' about,the easy route would be to go with an aftermarket external pump.Cheaper and probably better than stock.

RSD.

Hi Peeps
thanks for all you input!!!
right im trying to sort this fuel level sensor out...background story...i was hit a while back and the car damaged allot of my fairings so i found a whole set of fairings on ebay and swapped my tank for his (think he was converting to a street fighter-why would you do that to a busa i'll never know but anyway) so the tank matched the fairings. (the fuel sensors were swapped as well) now my sensor doens't move the needle gauge. I have checked the in tank sensor and i get a progressive ohm reading so that works, ive check the cable and plugs and they are ok. The only thing i can think of is that his busa was newer than mine...so will the wiring be different? or is there something to calibrate or check inside the clock unit?

sorry for the essay but hopefully clearer picture for clearer result

thanks again
kev

Back