Can anyone please explain....

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Why I constantly see folks riding around with their lid strapped to the side of the bike ? Is the tailpiece that valuable ? Irreplaceable it is ? Like your head isn't !
Let me see you have the helmet with you but instead of putting it on your empty head its strapped to the side of the bike so people can see your do-rag ! :poke:

I can not understand how they ride without a lid on anyway ?
Even with shades on past 30mph or so my eyes water so bad I can't see anything.
Try to look side ways and whoosh there they go another nice pair of lenses down the road.
Somebody please tell me why your helmet is strapped to the side of the bike and how you see past granny speed without it ?

Thank you .

It looks cool? After having been down and realizing that there is far more to live for then the moment I would not do it again. I use to...but I grew up, got a little wiser (I hope) and figured out that tomorrow is more important then the "stupid of today".

I kinda look at it like there are two kinds of riders.
Those that have been down and those that are gonna go down.
The ones that have been down don't like the taste of pavement or having the Dr pluck gravel out of them.
The ones that have not been down did not grow up on dirt bikes, never got whacked by a stump and ride around and 'pose' ?
Wanna answer a challenge......wait hold on a minute I gotta put my lid on if we are gonna go fast oooooooh !
Like keeping an unloaded gun around for protection.....gonna call time out to the would be assailant so you can load it ? ???

there is nothing inside the empty skulls to protect anyway... natural selection maybe??? i make jokes but really it is disappointing to see someone taking a chance on their life in that way. i've never understood seeing this myself and I shake my head every time i do. doesn't qualify as "cool" in my book.

Stupid is as stupid does...its a culture amongst some groups of young men...hopefully they will remain lucky enough not to pay a terrible price for their coolness...2hip

The ones that carry the helmet on the side of their bike only do it so they have it if they enter a "helmet required" area, otherwise they wouldn't wear one at all. :banghead: :stoopid:

The ones that carry the helmet on the side of their bike only do it so they have it if they enter a "helmet required" area, otherwise they wouldn't wear one at all. :banghead: :stoopid:
+1 but still a squid thing to do. I can't imagine not wearing one while riding

Well I must say that I have done that and I am no kid I will be 41 in Jan. We here in ILL don't have a helment law A all day ride in Chicago can get hot and I do like the freedom if I dont want to were my helment.

I'm in Jersey and it's extremely required... The big fad now is to wear your helmet unstrapped and hanging off the top of your head... stupid.

but to answer your question about seeing past g-ma speeds... your eyes do adjust... I'm good w the visor up until about 70mph usually.

Some states still allow citizens to die in a motorcycle accident without a helmet and drive up other citizen's insurance premiums.

Have your premiums dropped since helmet laws were enacted?

With that logic we shouldn't be allowed any motor vehicles, swimming pools, boats, guns, parachutes, skis, cigarettes, alcohol, red meat.........................................

Last edited:
While I hate Helmet Laws I where the Bonnet every time I ride. I live in NH (no helmet required if you are over 18)and we see the guys , particularly on cruisers ride across the border stop (Usually at the state liquor store) and take their helmets off. I view this as New Hampshire doing it's bit to thin the herd.

just because someone chooses not to wear a halmet does not make them stupid, squidly, empty-headed, or deserving of natural selection (which is just your way of saying i deserve to die for not agreeing with your position)...i am 100% aware of the consequences of my actions and have my finances and belongings in order in case something does happen to me (i hope all of you do the same before you leave the house)

would it be ok for me to call someone stupid for living in a more dangerous neighborhood than the one in which i live? they could move if they chose to in order to live in a safer area...is it ok for someone in a Volvo to call you empty-headed as they pass you on your motorcycle because you are choosing a riskier mode of transportation? do you deserve to be told you are in need of natural selection because you don't live in a bubble and choose to take risks? i don't think so and would stand up in a minute to defend your right to ride your vehicle of choice

also, if your sunglasses won't keep the wind out of your eyes at 30 mph, you need some better fitting glasses...mine do fine up into low triple digits :beerchug:

I want to 2nd what semi has said. People take risks in their daily lives all the time. Some people exceed the speed limit, some people chain smoke, others go moutain climbing. It's all a matter of what you consider an acceptable risk. For some people, the freedom (yes, freedom) to ride their bike without a helmet can be immeasurable. Coming from a Harley (not wearing a helmet) I can see both sides of the issue with immense clarity. While on the Busa, I rarely ride without a helmet, but I have, on occasion, gone without it on short rides. And let me tell you, it's a very enjoyable feeling. The flexibility and range of vision makes your ride 10X more enjoyable. With that said, I still wear my lid 99% of the time.

Big Frame Slider ???

Until I got the Busa I never rode with a Helmet, But this bike kind of scared me when I first got it, Wasnt quite sure what to expect, and after reading about all the spills on the ORG I will continue to wear it.

As for not wearing one, It does add to the freedom you feel.

Back