Can a PC3R be used in conjuction with a tre?

When everyone is finished being upset with eachother :crazy: , come on guys, how about my Q on the timing advance issue. See my above reply.   Can this advance hurt 4th-6th? I now know that the 6th gear limit is not timing, but fuel and ignition, so I have already learned something.  :thumbsup:

JT2 I wish I could answer that but every PC3 that I use I take the TRE off and not one customer wanted it back on.
on the ATRE they are off till you turn them on which I recommend doing in 6th if you think you will hit the limiter. so the timing is never an issue.
as for fuel the maps I make are in 4th so the fuel is not a problem either

You keep refering to air/fuel mixtures constantly. The TRE functions are strictly timing related. The TRE can't possibly affect air/fuel ratios since the air/fuel maps are not gear related. Only the TIMING maps are gear related.
the dyno tuners I have talked to, including the man that dyno'd my busa, explained to me that the ecu has different fuel maps for every gear. therefore, tre will run 5th gear fuel map. I tend to believe these guys...

In fact, the power commander only changes timing maps GLOBALLY itself. You can not change the timing maps individually with a powercommander.
you are correct.

I do think I learned something today.

wasnt blasting/attituding anyone. have a nice day. :)

Back