cams

OB_bigabusa

Registered
the cams certainly work, but if you can't afford them, there are some good regrinds out there. but beware! yoshi cams have the same base circle as the stock cams and probably won't need reshimming. reginds will which is both time consuming and expensive. yosh say on a stock motor that the cams come degreed in, just drop them in. if you have to dial in regrinds this is vertually impossible to do in the chassis. in other words if you have time and experience but no money go for a regrind if you have money go for the Yoshi,

Yosh claim 10bhp, and thats about right. On my first 1363cc motor with Yoshi pipe and 41mm Keihins, i fitted a set of regrinds to a spec I worked out with my favorite grinder and after 2 days of dialing in I was 17bhp up over stock cams.this grind is slightly wilder than the Yosh, especially on the exhaust.

Bigabusa,
What cams are available from yosh. I here their stage one cams are mild. I am looking for somthing more agressive, but still want the yosh reliability.

This was discussed for while before. I posted a subject camshaft specs. stock and aftermarket on Jan. 3.
Do a search in the Modifications and Aftermarket Equipment Forum and you will find it.
Bob

Richard, when you degreed your cams; what rpm range did you find to work the best with the cams you've been talking about?(1363 motor)

Also, are you useing a Schnitz box with your Dyna 2000 ignition system?

If so, how far past the stock red-line does your motors quit building hp?(rpm's)

Frank

Back