busa cam timing

jimbob8915

Registered
Gonna install a stock intake cam in place of my exhaust cam and put adjustable sprockets on both cams. What do most of the gearheads put thier cam timing to. I know on my old gixxer 1000 107/107 was good overall timing but that was with yoshi cams. Any input would be great. TIA Jim

Sorry but I don't have #s for you , just wondering the HPgain in doing this ? as I have motor out of the frame and I"ve heard some talk of this mod , To answer your question though ... is your motor stock ? if not ?... what mods ? it is needed for some #s .

My busa will have wiseco standard bore 13:1 pistons, Muzzy 4-1, K&N filter, air box mod, short stacks, and power commander with map. I have been all over the net and cant seem to find what is a good lobe center for my busa with an intake cam in place of the exhaust.

I looked through some notes I had made some time back. 105/105 kept coming up. Are you using APE sprockets.... PM JAY. I'm sure he will have an answer.

I am using ape sprockets bought on ebay. I have seen 105/107 but was hoping someone here with experience with different cam timing could help me out. 105/106 sounds like a good start. Thanks

all_coholic.gif

Back